Home

Tecmo Bowl Throwback Interview (2D-X)

This is a discussion on Tecmo Bowl Throwback Interview (2D-X) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2010, 11:55 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tecmo Bowl Throwback Interview (2D-X)

2D-X has posted an interview with Mike Fahrny, Producer of Tecmo Bowl Throwback.

Quote:
2D-X: "In terms of customization, will gamers be able to tweak teams as they see fit, or will they have to have to earn points over the course of a season to apply to abilities?"

Mike: "All abilities in Throwback are true to the SNES version and players will not be able to edit them nor will they increase/decrease over a season. Earning points over a season is a good idea though – perhaps the next time around."

Damn, that's not good news.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2010, 12:30 AM   #2
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14
Damn!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Tecmo Bowl Throwback Interview (2D-X)

I'm fine with this given how online play in the DS version was so imbalanced.

You'd have teams with jacked up ratings taking on teams with the default ratings and it'd be no contest.

Now everybody's on a level playing field, which can only benefit the longevity of the online community.

Edit: from what I understand of the interview, we are getting the exact ratings that are on the SNES TSB cart, only with the names changed to protect the teams and players.

This is pretty much the best possible solution IMO.

Last edited by jyoung; 03-11-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:16 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

Reading this interview has me even more excited for this game! Let me list the reasons why.
  1. The original stats from Tecmo Super Bowl from the SNES. What this means is all we'll have to do is rename the players and bingo bango we'll have the true abilities of say an Emmitt Smith or a Joe Montana! Nice way to work around the whole players association license. 1993 rosters here I come!
  2. No super abilities from Tecmo Bowl Kickoff. Thank god! This to me took away some of the unpredictability of Tecmo Super Bowl. Instead of the super abilities I much rather they go back to the bad to excellent health conditions and let that take care of the super abilities side of the game. I always enjoyed the strategy of benching a star player because he was in bad condition and had a higher chance of being injured or fumbling and subbing in a bench player in excellent condition. The only football to this day where I actually sub in bench players manually.
  3. To my surprise one of my wishes for a future Tecmo Bowl is going to be answered in this version. That wish being the ability to use a zoomed in camera view during gameplay! I always wanted this option as to see more detail in the player animations. The zoomed in camera has another benefit because if you notice in the screenshots you can make out the numbers on the jerseys for the first time in a Tecmo Bowl game. Now only if Tecmo can give us the option of putting the players names on the back of there jerseys and I'd really forget about the lack of the players license.
  4. The producer stated more then one time how this game is going to stay true to the original Tecmo Super Bowl.
  5. Oh, and the fact that the game is going to be released very, very soon!

Last edited by rm217; 03-11-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:57 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 55

I'm definitely okay with original rosters. I remember them pretty well to this day.

Hopefully we can edit uniforms, and maybe names. The ratings are already there

At least we don't have to fear playing maxed out squads online. Tournaments have a chance to be a riot. Speaking of which, I'm going to try to do an OS tournament when it releases so I can confirm my Tecmo dominance >

Looks like Barry Foster, Greg Lloyd and Rod Woodson are BACK! Woof woof! Maybe even let us change numbers.... I want to see Greg in his 95.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

Last edited by CreatineKasey; 03-11-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2010, 09:08 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm actually very happy the stats won't be editable, that would have destroyed online play.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I'm actually very happy the stats won't be editable, that would have destroyed online play.
That's what I was thinking. I like the fact that we can can relate to the players based on there stats. All we have to do is change there name. Check out who we'll be playing with here based on the 1993 rosters http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/ro...nt&Season=1993. It should be interesting to see how they handle the fact that was was only 28 teams in 1993. Wow I forgot about the LA Raiders. Steve Young, Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, John Kelly here I come!

Last edited by rm217; 03-12-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 55

Montana on the Chiefs?!

Barry Sanders!

Barry Foster is a nice HB for the Steelers.
Emmit Smith rocks.
Neal Anderson is a tank on the Bears at HB.
Iron Head Heyward on the Saints! lol

Deion Sanders on the Falcons.

... alright I'll stop. You can check the roster and ratings out for yourself right here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/588774/41237

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »