Home

Gran Turismo 5 Will Be Coming in 2010 (GTplanet)

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 5 Will Be Coming in 2010 (GTplanet) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Gran Turismo 5 Will Be Coming in 2010 (GTplanet)

GTplanet received word from the Game Developers Conference 2010 today, Gran Turismo 5 will arrive in 2010. What are the odds?

Quote:
"GT5 received brief mention at Sony’s large press event at the Game Developers Conference 2010 today. While the focus of the show turned out to be Sony’s new motion controller, it was “confirmed” the company’s biggest racer will be released in 2010. Of course, for anyone who’s been paying attention, this isn’t exactly a surprise, but it should calm any lingering fears that remained after the game’s Japanese March date was postponed."
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Will Be Coming in 2010 (GTplanet)

December 31, 2010 11:59 PM Release date confirmed!

j/k...fortunately I've got plenty of other games current and upcoming to keep me busy during the wait (however long it may be).
Old 03-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 20

L.A. might have an NFL team before GT 5 is released.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

j/k...fortunately I've got plenty of other games current and upcoming to keep me busy during the wait (however long it may be).
Games release on Tuesdays, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they'll at least release by Monday, December 27th at 11:59 PM.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-11-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

Sounds about right.

Anyone have suggestions of racing games I can pick up for cheap to hold me over until GT5 comes out? Other than Burnout Paradise (still need to pick up the Big Surf DLC!) I don't have another racing game to play.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

I was honestly hoping for a 2011 release or beyond.

Apparently brief readings on GTplanet combined with whatever current existing non-finished GT5 gameplay footage appears that the series still need some work to truly get it polished and ready for simulation gameplay.

I'm not a car enthusiast but I do enjoy reading those who have more devoted interest in GT5. From what I have read, a couple gripes GT fans continue to have are engine sounds, tire screeches even if the vehicle turns slightly, the bumper car effect, and whatever car physics they're talking about, environmental graphic textures, oh yeah, and artificial intelligence.

But here's hoping that the finish product will be well received by fans. I'm certainly looking forward to it. And after all this time (5 years or so I think), the final build really do need to be stellar to justify the "delay."

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 03-11-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I'm not a car enthusiast but I do enjoy reading those who have more devoted interest in GT5. From what I have read, a couple gripes GT fans continue to have are engine sounds, tire screeches even if the vehicle turns slightly, the bumper car effect, and whatever car physics they're talking about, environmental graphic textures, oh yeah, and artificial intelligence.
Yeah, other than those numerous flaws, it's an amazing game.

Quote:
But here's hoping that the finish product will be well received by fans. I'm certainly looking forward to it. And after all this time (5 years or so I think), the final build really do need to be stellar to justify the "delay."
Sony could release a flaming shingle of dogsh*t with the GT logo and name on it, and the lemmings will buy it by the truckload.

GT stopped being a relevant racing sim after about the second edition. It's the same pony with a new coat of paint, every time.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
And after all this time (5 years or so I think), the final build really do need to be stellar to justify the "delay."
I may be one of the only people in the world that doesn't believe this is how it should be looked at, especially by big-name websites and their reviews. In fact, aside from the introduction stating "The long wait is over..." there shouldn't be a single mention of any such delays thereafter. The score should not take any hits because of delays, that would be unfair. Review the game and the game only.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »