Home

Backbreaker Multiplayer Hands-on and Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Multiplayer Hands-on and Videos (IGN) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2010, 04:11 AM   #17

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Backbreaker Multiplayer Hands-on and Videos (IGN)

Not very impressive.

I have not liked the vids BB has put out lately. I really hope there is a demo and not just tackle alley or something like that. The running does look robotic and If that was pro mode what is up with that damn sound when the ball is released!? Better be able to take that off. Also that rocket throw off the back foot was did not look good.

I must be honest, the more gameplay vids BB puts out the less pumped I'm getting for this game. I know Its alpha and all that other stuff but, there were a lot of things I did not like. Hopefully future gameplay vids or a demo will change my mind on some things.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:12 AM   #18
Rookie

Dynamite's Arena

OVR: 8

Actually the post about EA and IGN being in bed is not all that far from the truth.

EA advertises a lot with IGN, and their reviews are always 1.5 to 2 points higher than they usually deserve, case in point, look at Madden 06 on Xbox 360 getting above a 5 with all of the features stripped right out.

They've improved every year, but the IGN ratings would have you believe that it's been a solid to great football product every year...something is amiss there. So it wouldn't surprise me for the articles regarding the competition to be more critical, more harsh on flaws, and for videos they put together to include more glitches/ugly things than are actually represented in the final product. It's like a justification for their harshness and over critical words.
Our purchasing power is being eroded. So especially now, the goods must be held to a standard. We end up happier as consumers, and the companies get a clear message: "We won't tolerate sub-par goods." It's a shame, no one cares to speak with their wallet.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:15 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Playbooks look bad. They need to give you the option to select by formation.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:07 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15
Did you notice there are no field goal nets? Madden took 4 years of current gen consoles to squeeze them in, oh well.....
Old 03-13-2010, 06:40 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 20

I have been excited as anybody to try this game, but those videos defiantly killed some of my enthusiasm. There really wasn't many positives in those videos at least for me, and that throw off the back foot into quadruple coverage was awful. As others have said, the players move in a very stiff manner, I am surprised the movement isn't more naturally looking. The passing animations including the drop backs look very bad. The pocket looks no better than Madden's pocket either. We can only hope the pro setting alleviates some of the issues.

The only positives I could take from the video were the customization tools look pretty deep as far as creating logos and I am still a fan of the camera angle because it is something different. The pick six was a decent looking play, as well.

Even with all that said, I still will probably be picking it up and regardless of how the game actually turns outs as a whole package I still think the Euphoria engine or something similar is the future of sports games. Using canned animations only will only take sports games so far, before hitting a ceiling.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 03-13-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2010, 08:16 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

We are all judging this game based off an Alpha Build. You can't look at it as a completed game yet. The makers of this game are in the de-bugging stage as we speak. The car is not even ready to be driven yet. We are just getting a sample of what it looks like in the early birth stage.

I like what this game features and what I have seen so far. I am judging it for what it is right now. An alpha build. If the game is completed and has flaws. Then I will judge it fairly but it's not at that stage yet.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 21

Alpha build or not, I doubt they are going to redo the player models which are hideous, or the run animations which are robotic. There may be tweaks to gameplay and small AI changes, but we are pretty much gonna get what we see now.

The game will not challenge Madden, and I HATE that game. I am still playing NFL2K5 which tells you something about the state of affairs. But to think this game is going to revolutionize console football is just ridiculous. It will take them 5 dev cycles to get all the kinks out with blocking, cpu AI, animations, etc.

They may have a base to work from now, but the initial offering is going to leave alot of hardcore football folks disappointed. Maybe the arcade kids will gobble it up.

C
Old 03-13-2010, 08:55 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 10

you guys are giving me whiplash do you know why you change everyday ? because its a clip from Different game how many good plays Did ign look pass to show this or vise verser how many bad plays did Gt look pass ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »