Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Interview (ESPN Videogames)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Interview (ESPN Videogames) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2010, 10:03 AM   #17
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Announced, Ships in June

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
My apologies for not knowing every single detail about the game with less than a full day of exposure to it....as I stated, "it was my understanding"....
Relax man, I was just giving out information. Uptight. The correct response would of been, "Cool thx, I did not know that.". You come off like you are better than everyone else sometimes.

Last edited by GrandMaster B; 03-11-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Interview (ESPN Videogames)

Fair enough...just seemed like you were getting on me for not knowing all the ins and outs of the game when I only had one day with the product.

And I damn sure don't think I am any better than anyone else here....my apologies for coming off in such a way.

Last edited by DivotMaker; 03-12-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:07 AM   #19
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Interview (ESPN Videogames)

Hey.

I know they're going to have Ryder Cup in the game. But any word if the Ryder Cup atmosphere is going to be there as well? A big part of the Ryder Cup is the emotions the players and fans show that isn't normally seen in tour events. Guys like Sergio thrive in Ryder Cup because of that different level of emotion involved. Is that going to be there, w/ fans chanting, flags waving, players going nuts w/ each other, etc? Not holding much hope that it will be judging from the screens, but any definitive word?

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2010, 09:07 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
1. Supposed to be fixed, no more rubber-banding
It wasn't the rubberbanding that was the problem with AI scoring last year, it was the idiotic low scores that the leaders would win with being in the -20's and -30's and Tiger reaching -40 sometimes no matter the weather conditions or the toughness of the course. It isn't rubberbanding, it's programming ******ation.

This of course could be easily fixed in a few hours by the devs instituting an AI scoring slider which makes everyone happy but that would make too much sense and the fact that the devs need this fatal flaw offline to be pointed out to them in community forums is even sadder.

It took them several years to fix the rubberbanding out of sheer laziness so i'm thinking we'll still see the outrageous scores for TW11, TW12 and probably TW 13 until they decide to get around to it.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
It wasn't the rubberbanding that was the problem with AI scoring last year, it was the idiotic low scores that the leaders would win with being in the -20's and -30's and Tiger reaching -40 sometimes no matter the weather conditions or the toughness of the course. It isn't rubberbanding, it's programming ******ation.

This of course could be easily fixed in a few hours by the devs instituting an AI scoring slider which makes everyone happy but that would make too much sense and the fact that the devs need this fatal flaw offline to be pointed out to them in community forums is even sadder.

It took them several years to fix the rubberbanding out of sheer laziness so i'm thinking we'll still see the outrageous scores for TW11, TW12 and probably TW 13 until they decide to get around to it.
I am well aware of the differences between rubber-banding and what went on with TW10. EA has assured me that the AI has been revamped, but we won't know for sure until the game ships as I was not able to test that part of the game. But the issue was brought up by EA and discussed and I feel AI should be improved based upon what I heard.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »