Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2010, 07:27 AM   #1
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

The patch for Major League Baseball 2K10 is now available. Please post your impressions here.

Just in case you missed it, the list of fixes were announced here.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: Patch #1 Impressions (360)

List of fixes.

Quote:
General
• Fixed Inside Edge Batter Breakdown letter grade assignments on screen (cosmetic issue previously only)

• The correct ‘Player of Game’ was not consistently being chosen. It is now.

• Player of Game not consistent for all dialogs & audio, should be now.

• Fix for bug where head morphs changed when changing hair-style/length in create a player, also addresses extremely odd looking faces generated using randomize head option in create a player.

• Post Season pause menu stat issue - batting averages will be from the season, not post season as it should be.

• The loading screen would display a playoff *race* key game message, rather than a playoff key game message.

• In ReelMaker a wipe would not appear properly the first time, but it appeared if you played the reel again. Fixed.

• There was a case where the user had to press the button through button twice to advance to the next pitch. The intended behavior is to only have to press the button once.

• There was a stray camera cut after action replays, before advancing to the next batter.

• Fixes a bug with player stat leaderboards over specific timeframes: Last 10 Games, Last 30 Days, This Month, Last Month

• Breaking the consecutive game hit streak record was not being recorded and displayed on the Records screen. It is now.

• Bug where batting averages like .27777778 were not rounded up to .278 in the batter intro overlay when displaying split stats like "career vs. pitcher".

• Bug where franchise and career modes would display the incorrect year that players won a Gold Glove (shown in-game as "Top Fielder") award.

Gameplay
• Added Check Swings.

• AI Pitcher will no longer throw special pitches in a clutch moment (intentional walks, etc.).

• Fixed batter batting without a bat.

• Improved wall climbs and catches at the wall.

• Strike Zones are updated when a pinch hitter is brought in.

• User was unable to throw after queuing a throw before playing a wall collision animation.

• Composure is always affected on a mound visit.

• The fielding shadow was not drawing correctly vertically against walls.

• Show the pitch break arrows in two player games.

• CPU pitchers were staying in too long/throwing too many pitches.

• Sometimes a player wouldn't do a celebration.

• Incorrect 1st baseman behavior when a runner tried to advance from 3rd to home just as the 1B caught the ball.

• Umpires faced the wrong way when a runner stole 2nd

• Players would occasionally be called out on 2-man steal/pickoff animations when the ball didn't actually touch them

• There were several issues with double play behavior when one of the players was significantly out of position

• Players had a hard time making running tags

• Outfielders would occasionally play a casual-looking queued throw animation while there was a runner advancing

• The user would occasionally be unable to throw the ball to 1st base after fielding the ball and stomping on 2nd for a double play

My Player
• Fix for a bug in My Player where the “Break a MLB single season record” hall of fame goal was not being marked as completed when the user broke a single season record.

• Fix for a bug in My Player where broken pitching records were labeled as hitter records and broken hitting records were labeled as pitcher records on the timeline.

• The spotlight indicator option was not working, when you turned it off in My Player Setup Options it was still appearing.

• When playing as a catcher in My Player when you had to field bunts they were being hit to hard and the pitcher was fielding them.

• There was a crash when returning to landing screen after first round playoff games in career mode when you have a post season goal.

• My Player: The camera is fixed / focused on a patch of grass / the field as the Game recap screen transitions onto the screen at the ending of a My player game and

• My Player not always being put in appropriate place to see him when we draw the End Game recap in My Player games.

• Base coaches are in sitting pose during clutch moments in My Player.

• Fixed bug that caused players to end up on team select screen with no controller icons when trying to enter a Ranked Online Game.

• Online divergence bug caused by split stats being enabled in online games.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 03-16-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

Guys let's try to keep it civilized. Also remember what EG just posted on what this PATCH is supposed to fix.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:08 AM   #4
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Sweet, can't wait until I get home tonight!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 13

• Show the pitch break arrows in two player games.

Can somebody explain this to me? Why would we want our head to head opponent see how our selected pitch type breaks? Maybe I'm misunderstanding this 'fix'. I'll test it tonight. But if the intention is to show how the pitch breaks while our opponent is sitting next to us, this makes NO sense to me.

Am I missing something?

BigBlue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #6
Rookie

loogs's Arena

OVR: 3

Gameplay
• Added Check Swings.

will determine the fate of the game for me.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:27 AM   #7
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Once again from the looks of and reading from pastapadre.com, us PS3 users are left in the Cold, this is why I sold my game on eBay last night, really not good from 2K, I spend 60 bucks to get no patch. I'm really considering not buying another game from 2K again. Sorry for the ramble, I just think its unfair, It puts there loyalty to customers in question as a company.

Back to the Topic.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 03-16-2010, 09:37 AM   #8
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

Do I have to delete something for this Patch to work? I DL the Patch this morning. So I thought I would try it out. I'm playing a Play Now game between the Yankees(me) and the Twins(cpu). So far I've hit 2 balls to Hudson, 1 with a runner on the other time nobody was on base. Both times after he fielded the ball he just stood like a statue. When the runner on 1st was going to 2nd he just stood there until the runner was almost at 2nd then he ran to the base after the runner was already there. I'm only in the 5th inning so I don't know about pitch counts yet. Oh yeah, does anyone know how to check swing? I sure can't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »