Home

EA SPORTS MMA Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS MMA Gameplay Trailer within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #17
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: EA SPORTS MMA Gameplay Trailer

Looks pretty nice, but I agree with Phobia about the striking. Looks the same as FNR4 to me as well, and I HATED the early videos for that... the final game is a little better, but still has that fakey too-fast feel and look to it. The strikes look technically fine and EA's collision detection/damage modeling is better than UFC's was, but it still doesn't look as right to me. For all its flaws with the striking, at least UFC made you wince when a really solid body kick landed... the strikes have "pop" to them when they really connect.

Last edited by Stumbleweed; 03-18-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #18
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

I agree with Phobia and Stumble
Old 03-18-2010, 01:30 PM   #19
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Looks pretty nice, but I agree with Phobia about the striking. Looks the same as FNR4 to me as well, and I HATED the early videos for that... the final game is a little better, but still has that fakey too-fast feel and look to it. The strikes look technically fine and EA's collision detection/damage modeling is better than UFC's was, but it still doesn't look as right to me. For all its flaws with the striking, at least UFC made you wince when a really solid body kick landed... the strikes have "pop" to them when they really connect.
EXACTLY! ...that's why i love the striking in UFC despite its flaws, you're really out to hurt the other guy. The impacts look and 'feel' devastating. All the shots really had a good WHACK! to them.

I want to see what it's like to control Kung Li in this game though. If I had to guess what EA might do better than UFC I would go with the submission system - that is an area that is open for a competitor to "out-shine" them
Old 03-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 14

I think this game will be a truer representation of the actual sport of MMA than we have seen from any other game to date. Listening to the developer interviews, I like that they always stress how their working on all of the more subtle aspects of MMA that are important in an actual fight.

The fight night engine is a great engine to use for striking, it's extremely dynamic. I highly doubt that we will see fight night-esque fights, seeing as how much boxing is different than MMA, and the developer for this game said they are using a modified version of the engine.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I'm gonna have one hell of a time using Nick Diaz.
And I'm gonna have a hell of a time beating his ***.

Game looks good. I was always gonna get both so it's nice to hear I'll be getting one in May and one around the holidays. EA would be wise to put a demo out when UFC releases. I doubt they will though.

"A man is called selfish, not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #22
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillmattic
I think this game will be a truer representation of the actual sport of MMA than we have seen from any other game to date. Listening to the developer interviews, I like that they always stress how their working on all of the more subtle aspects of MMA that are important in an actual fight.

The fight night engine is a great engine to use for striking, it's extremely dynamic. I highly doubt that we will see fight night-esque fights, seeing as how much boxing is different than MMA, and the developer for this game said they are using a modified version of the engine.
I'm waiting until a demo and we actually learn how they're doing controls and submissions first...I'll be getting both this and UFC, but if EA doesn't bring it then UFC's gonna be way better.

I guess I'm just a skeptic, I've seen way too many preview videos that end up looking way different than the actual game.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 7

Dayumm, looks damn good. Might give Undisputed a challenge.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 1

much better than Undisputed

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »