Home

Madden NFL 10: Year of the 3-4 Defense

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Year of the 3-4 Defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 10: Year of the 3-4 Defense

The 3-4 defense is more popular in the NFL than it has ever been. About half the teams in the NFL employ the defensive set for some if not all of their defensive snaps. And since the 3-4 is so popular, it is assumed that the Madden developers have developed this scheme so it is just as effective as it is in the real NFL.

Unfortunately, that is not really the case. While some Madden gamers can use this defense effectively, the game has simply not adapted its gameplay to fit the needs of the 3-4 on or off the field. But the lack of 3-4 friendliness in Madden can be remedied by the developers. And making Madden more 3-4 friendly would help create a more realistic experience when using the formation, and it would also benefit the general gameplay.

If the developers work to solve the problems that plague the 3-4 in the game, Madden 11 could be considered the year of the 3-4. So let us start on the field and talk about how some realism can be injected into the defense.

Read More - Madden NFL 10: Year of the 3-4 Defense
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Honestly I just want double team blocks and the defender to just magically come off a block as a runner comes by gone,
Old 03-11-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 10: Year of the 3-4 Defense

Double teams would be awesome - but I really want to see them dependent on ratings - if you put some huge chump at NT but he is rated really low - he should not be double teamed just because he is the NT.

The 3-4 really needs some attention because even though I use it very well in Madden - my method doesn't work on true 3-4 philosophy. You can use it effectively, but you are not really doing it justice, because of the way Madden handles it.

One of the big things that needs addressed is the awareness and "assignments" of the offensive line. You all know what issues i am referring to.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #4
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
madden's blocking is terrible so the 3-4 wasn't what it should be. the OLB's had way too tough a time getting a solid rush. remember that youtube video where all the midgets and receivers were put in at the tackle spot but doinated the line? yeah. fix this please.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14
Madden needs to rewrite its entire blocking logic before they expect me to buy another one of their games. Look at BackBreaker, perfect pocket and blocking in their first game.....*sigh*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3
while its something i hope for i doubt it will be here for awhile
the 3-4 D works in part because it confuses offensive lineman, well the offensive line AI is horrible in madden therefore they are confused with a basic 4-3 D
Old 03-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #7

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 10: Year of the 3-4 Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibe3zy
Madden needs to rewrite its entire blocking logic before they expect me to buy another one of their games. Look at BackBreaker, perfect pocket and blocking in their first game.....*sigh*
Sure. When did you play Backbreaker? How could you possibly state this when this game is not even out yet?
Old 05-19-2010, 01:03 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
Good news...EA has put double team blocking in Madden 11. I don't think it's gonna benefit the 3-4 defense. They have o-linemen blocking the front line then advance to the 2nd level (Linebackers). We all know how bad the d-line controls are, they keep the defenders sucked in (held). Hope they change this too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »