Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Now Available, Post Impressions Here (PC)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Now Available, Post Impressions Here (PC) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #17
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Now Available, Post Impressions Here (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
agreed on the fouls.

I'm happy with the patch overall too. 5 months is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for one, but they did do a good job.

p.s. Does raising the durability slider increase injuries? and I had to put the hustle and quickness down to 0 for me and up to 100 for the cpu, otherwise I could just blow by everyone.

That's one slider I'm gonna play with. I don't like the lack of injuries. Even if it's a little one, there just doesn't seem to be enough. I can't really remember one in my Association. I have to get a new roster to have guys out. But I am digging the new gameplay. More NBA Live-like, with the Sig-styles that 2k has become famous for. With Mike Wang back, I'm really wondering what 2k can be next year. And now I don't have long to wait! See, getting the patch out later had a little "silver-lining...:

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 03-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaosming
the one from 2k's website is supposed to work on the north american DVD version of 2k10.

they are releasing one sometime today or tomorrow for the international DVD version.

Steam/Direct Drive and other online places will be releasing their patches sometime in the next week
I can't wait to get home to download the patch.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:06 AM   #19
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

One more thing, Alley-Oops are toned waaaaaay down. I tried it just to see if that had gotten some love and, sure enough, The CPU D was all over them. Pretty much a steal or block every time. Everything just seemed toned down to a more realistic level across the board. I only put up 84 on 8 minute quarters with the new improved CPU D. Before I could put up right around 100 in that timeframe. So far, so good. Hopefully the online guys will be pleased next week. I don't use that much, but it'd be nice for everyone to be pleased, after such a long wait!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 03-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Are you using the default slider?
Old 03-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #21
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian cage
Are you using the default slider?
Yep, D is just reacting so much more intelligently. It's both in my Exhibition and existing Association games. One thing I'm loving is the CPU guards don't give up their dribble near as quick as before. There aren't many of those let's stand around and wait for the cheesy shot clock beater that never misses. I was just playing the Bobcats in my Association and Felton actually played like a point guard. I couldn't complain about a single attempt. I just saw something I never remember seeing before, JJ Hickson does an Alley-oop to Shaq (Association roster) and Shaq puts it down and goes stumbling out of bounds. Well, he runs into the guy with the floor mop and knocks him into the fans. I can't remember ever seeing it. It looked cool live, but you could see him morph through on replay. Overall, graphical quality has been polished, big time. Using the same settings I did pre-patch and game looks 10x better. Moves 10x better, too.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 8

So I looked up the durability thing...it looks like if you put it around 70 you should see more. I had it at 75 (and injury severity at 75) and one of my guys went down for 4 weeks. I'll probably leave them both at 65 or 70.

I also just saw a traveling call on the cpu...something I've never seen before!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:28 AM   #23
Rookie

dregos's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
So I looked up the durability thing...it looks like if you put it around 70 you should see more. I had it at 75 (and injury severity at 75) and one of my guys went down for 4 weeks. I'll probably leave them both at 65 or 70.

I also just saw a traveling call on the cpu...something I've never seen before!
I've seen a lot of traveling without the patch. However on the PS3 version.. WITH the patch... I see A LOT MORE traveling
Old 03-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 19

what Ive noticed-with the slider set I use.

-assists number seems corrected, bu I have to play more games to confirm.

-shooting is more responsive/fluid with the shot stick.

-players run plays quicker. all you have to be is near the start of the player and the indicator will move onto the next part of the play.

-good contact in the paint. strength really matters. any bump will cause a player to alter the shots. the cpu defense collapses, a few times I tried to pass out of the collapsing defensive only to throw the ball out of bounds.

-notice a few times deflections going off of players hand then go out of bounds. mistimed rebounds, etc.

-more fouls

-the cpu defense is unforgiving. boy do they d-up more intelligently. double teams really come to life. players coming from the back while going up for a shot. its there.

-pgs exploit the mismatches more effectively. on one particular play, Oden wound up guarding Chris Paul, chris paul blows past him, Oden recovers goes for the block, chris pall double clutches and Oden knocks him to the floor hard.

-you reach the CPU seems to take advantage of that more.
-cpu misses more open jumpers, but they do run plays more affective.

-rebounding seems easier.
-game seems quicker

-players at first seemed like they were gliding more at first. but that quickly became a non-issue. had to edit this-the player movement is more responsive.

-cpu timeout glitch is fixed. but I did notice that sometimes during timeouts there is a glitch where the graphic that tells you how many timeouts are left is cut off. in one game it was there, in another it wasnt.

Last edited by tril; 03-19-2010 at 12:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »