Home

Backbreaker Behind the Scenes - Dev Diary 3: Down in the Trenches (IGN)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Behind the Scenes - Dev Diary 3: Down in the Trenches (IGN) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #25
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: developer diary 3

Three developer diaries, and only three topics were covered in the game... The physics engine/tackling, customization, the camera angle. This doesn't seem odd... no mention of the rules the game will follow.... no mention that the game is set in the future... no mention of play books, o line blocking, defensive moves, controls, weather... it appears extremely suspect that these areas aren't discussed. Just my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

I can't wait to play this game. The more I see, The more I am getting excited for the May 25th release.

The new gameplay footage in this video looks great. This looks like it is going to be a really fun game.

I am trying not to get my hopes up too high. So far so good.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:20 PM   #27

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Three developer diaries, and only three topics were covered in the game... The physics engine/tackling, customization, the camera angle. This doesn't seem odd... no mention of the rules the game will follow.... no mention that the game is set in the future... no mention of play books, o line blocking, defensive moves, controls, weather... it appears extremely suspect that these areas aren't discussed. Just my opinion.
Yeah I heard that. It does seem suspect that they don't talk about some of these things more but, I think they really have to hit home in as many vids as possible about what more casual players want to hear. We just seen some defensive moves so that explains Its self, we know rain is in the game, and they've already said this game has been set in the future before. They have been showing us plays but, haven't talked much about playbooks which I think won't be in depth IMHO anyway, nobody but hardcore guys want to hear about the blocking, and they've explained a lot about the controls.

I was impressed with the gameplay in this dev diary but, not the dev dairy Its self. I really do hope they start hitting on some different things and aspects of the game. Finally some RB's breaking out of the back field for some good gains. The D-line moves were better than I thought they looked previously.

O-line pocket is not forming very well as I expected. Loved the toss play and then the spin move off the defender after the defense snuffed it out and loved the fumble. In madden It seems like every time you fumble the ball hardly bounces away from the body and that there was no telling who was going to get that ball because, It flung out of there pretty good.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:19 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 55

Fortunately the most important animations in the game are the smoothest. I'll give them credit there.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 03-25-2010, 12:19 AM   #29

SouthernBrick's Arena

They just need to work on 2 key things with getting the O-line(bending their knees and getting lower and RB juke animation needs to be lower depending on how hard the juke is. They both need to be lower but, I don't expect it to change. It is really apparent in the tackle alley when the player jukes he is to high to be juking that hard and making defenders miss.

The next thing I want to see is a back making multiple moves. Like going from a juke to a spin move quickly. It seem like the only juke move in the game is a side step type juke which disappoints me.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:20 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
The blitz comments are getting a little awkward too...I mean did you watch the video? I don't see any super-human things going on, no helmets popping off, no bones breaking and no vengeful late hits. The comments are totally like I just don't see it.
It's almost like people are just saying it to troll. There's no combo buttons to pull a players helmet off to hit them with it, there's no unrealistic off-the-wall hurdles & spins over & around players. It's nothing like Blitz when you watch the gameplan. What are these people talking about? It's just becoming obnoxious.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:24 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Did you see the WR getting tackled at the goalline put the ball on the ground to keep himslef from going down short of the goalline? WRs were blocking down field. They need to release more details and a demo now. Still have 2 months though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 12:45 AM   #32

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimixiii
It's almost like people are just saying it to troll. There's no combo buttons to pull a players helmet off to hit them with it, there's no unrealistic off-the-wall hurdles & spins over & around players. It's nothing like Blitz when you watch the gameplan. What are these people talking about? It's just becoming obnoxious.
Exactly. Obnoxious is a good word for it.

I can understand If the game looks similar to blitz in terms of the equipment and jerseys(especially the game cover) because, I would agree with that. Other than that this game PLAYS absolutely NOTHING like blitz and anyone that thinks that is just....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »