Home

40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I)

This is a discussion on 40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #17
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
for me full court passes go out of bound 90% of the time. Very rarely do guys complete long passes for wide open dunks. I find it rather annoying when i have a guy wide open for an easy basket and my guy throws the ball 8 feet over his head. In real life, NBA players will complete that pass. How often do you really see guys in the NBA sail the ball over a teammate's head on a long pass? Not often because these guys are pros and can complete that pass.

Also, i can't stand in the half court how often a guy throws the ball over a teammate's head. Like if you drive and want to kick it out for a open teammate to shoot the guy maybe 60% of the time sails the ball over his teammate's head.

I do agree about the shots off the side of the glass though. That one is frustrating.
Its is really cheese to see a big man with no passing skills throw passes No coach in the NBA would allow his center to throw completed at such a high rate.

Also to fix your kick out problem. The only reason kick out passes will go over players head is because the player you threw it with has a low pass rating. You usually need a passing rating over 81 or something like that.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:15 PM   #18
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokez4DAyz
Check the basketball section of this website, Its all NBA 2K! EA introduced NBA JAM in January and basically ABANDONED NBA LIVE discussion, you released some New Sneakers (lmao) {New Sneakers! LOL} and that was it, no talk about NBA LIVE since allstar weekend...one lame article about needing the dream, lol.
So WHATS WRONG WITH LIVE? How come no talk, no articles, no interested fans, nobody talking about it, BUT YOU HAVE FIXES for NBA 2K...
(sucks his teeth) (shakes his head)...40 fixes for 2k...yeah right...and Bush left the country in great shape...
Ease up man. Folks post this stuff to make the game better. No one is jumping off a cliff or calling the game trash.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:34 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 25
I can't wait for the follow up article 1,000,000,000 fixes for Madden 11.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #20
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

How would that be a follow up article if they are two different games?

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:50 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 25
My point was that 40 just seems like a high and arbitrary number. Instead of coming up with 40 "problems" and saying hey fix this, why not, come up with 2-3 really really good ideas of how to fix a few things. This article just seemed to lack anything new or interesting. I could all these gripes plus more in the forums already.

Last edited by qpc123; 03-25-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 08:50 PM   #22
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Smoke4dayz u r the man lol
Old 03-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #23
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Its is really cheese to see a big man with no passing skills throw passes No coach in the NBA would allow his center to throw completed at such a high rate.

Also to fix your kick out problem. The only reason kick out passes will go over players head is because the player you threw it with has a low pass rating. You usually need a passing rating over 81 or something like that.
#1, even big men in the NBA can throw a full court pass semi-accurately to a guy thats wide open down the other end, they aren't going to throw the ball 10 feet over his head. That takes a heck of a lot of arm strength to sail the ball over the guy's head like they do in the game, and i shouldn't be punished for making a nice play, having a guy break free down court yet a guy can't make a full court pass?

Anyone that's played basketball knows a full court pass isn't ridiculously difficult. Problem is they have them throw baseball passes in the game instead of a two hand overhead pass which is much more accurate and thrown with more precision and less strength. And for a professional in the NBA, they should be able to make full court passes if a guy is wide open.

Also, thats not the reason i have problems with kick out passes. Unless you're telling me Lebron James has a low passer rating, it's not the problem. I can't tell you how many times ive run an iso at the top for Lebron, drove to the hoop, had a defender help off a guy standing at the 3 point line, try to pass him the ball for a wide open 3 only to have it sail 5 feet over his head.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:13 PM   #24
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
About My Player, for the love of GOD let us choose length of minutes of each game, cuz I don't wanna have to play through 12 minute quarters in summer league or training camp just to play 12 minute regular season games for realistic minutes, stats, and scores.

Also, the whole hockey style substitution stuff needs to go. I've literally be subbed in a 3:34. Subbed out at 3:21. And then subbed back in at 2:49. C'mon 2K. No team in the world subs in 50 something overall rookies in late in a close game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »