Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Captured Gameplay Videos

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Captured Gameplay Videos within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2010, 01:34 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Captured Gameplay Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
They just need to make stats matter.
I thought that IGN preview said stats do matter this year?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2010, 01:40 PM   #26
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

in the vid, dude said players stats were high....

I wonder how spread out they are...

if stats do matter this year, it could be flawed yet again...
Old 03-30-2010, 02:08 PM   #27
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
If you only see a few different things, I'm not sure what to say. There are a ton of very obvious changes in there. A lot more positions on the ground, a lot more attacks on the ground, the all new cage system, new take down methods/animations, new fighter stances, new fighter skill systems, apparently fighter skill level (like level 3 guillotine, etc), all new sway system, lessened strikes from out far, etc, etc.

So I'm not sure what you're talking about. Sure it looks very similar to 2009, and that's because it's the same engine, just with a lot of additions to it; and there are A LOT of additions.
I understand everything they added, but my biggest gripe with 09 was that nothing looks fluid at all. All the animations look the same for their particular move. Shooting for a takedown for instance looks exactly the same for every person, everytime (except near the cage this year). I don't really know how to explain it, but everything looks super robotic to me. I'm probably asking for too much The game is still fun and I'll most likely end up getting it, but I was hoping to see more improvement in the fluidity of the game and improving the things already in the game aside from just adding more.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #28
All Star

OVR: 23

Did anyone see any specific fighter stances? They didn't really look much different then each other.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #29
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceDiggla
Did anyone see any specific fighter stances? They didn't really look much different then each other.
I did, Shane Carwins stance was completely different from anybody last year and from Big Nog.

I read about the passive ground defense. Looks like we dont have to hold back or front on the analog stick this year.
Thats a pretty big change, that might make the game better. If implemented correctly of course.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:49 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
I did, Shane Carwins stance was completely different from anybody last year and from Big Nog.

I read about the passive ground defense. Looks like we dont have to hold back or front on the analog stick this year.
Thats a pretty big change, that might make the game better. If implemented correctly of course.
What's this passive ground defense stuff? I haven't heard about it - but it sounds like something I sort of suggested a while ago.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
What's this passive ground defense stuff? I haven't heard about it - but it sounds like something I sort of suggested a while ago.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1080380p1.html

Quote:
A less apparent change to the ground grappling is the addition of passive transition defense. In last year's game, fighters on the ground defended against transition attempts (i.e. efforts by the opponent to improve ground position) by holding back on the right analog stick. In Undisputed 2010, fighters have a passive defense system that requires no input from the player. To sample it, I took down an un-manned second player and attempted to pass guard. Automatically, the bottom fighter resisted the guard pass, relative to the fighter's ground skill versus mine, though successive guard pass attempts eventually wore down the opponent's defense. This automated defense should allow players to focus more on improving position and mounting an offense, rather than wasting effort on transition defense and stalling action.

Last edited by BlueNGold; 03-30-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2010, 10:28 PM   #32
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceDiggla
in the fighter creation screen they looked significant. they have that low lead hand style some boxers use (especially from philli i believe) ...two different muay thai ones (although one looked nothing close to authentic) ...i think the variation is somewhat subtle, but enough to give lots more personality and reflect what you usually see in the UFC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »