Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Video Interview & Hands-On Preview (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Video Interview & Hands-On Preview (Gamespot) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2010, 12:06 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Video Interview & Hands-On Preview (Gamespot)

I like what they have done with the career mode, it was very disappointing last year. Im glad to hear you dont have to worry about blocking transitions so much now, spamming transition blocks KILLED online matches. Im a little disappointed that the strikes are still very robotic looking. All in all it looks like a much improved version of last year.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

I got this off another review of someone who was at the premiere

Quote:
The version we played essentially could be a demo, but if it is going to be the demo, than it is the greatest demo in the history of demos. The modes available at the event were Exhibition, Tournament, and Create-A-Fighter. The roster available was 8 heavyweights, and 8 welterweights. Heavyweights included the previously shown fighters: Mir, Nog, Cain, Nelson (who looks fat-tastic), McSweeney, Schaub, and Jones, with Shane Carwin. The welterweights were the usual bunch of GSP, Alves, Fitch, Serra, Thiago, and Swick with new guys Hardy and Trigg.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/3/26...isputed-review

If you want to read the rest of it.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:39 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyelbow.com
The gameplay is a lot more dynamic and is a much faster pace. Plus, all speeds seem to have been normalized. This means that moves like the flying Muy Thai knee or the Boxer’s lunging hook that were inexplicably faster than normal strikes are gone. If you step punch you don’t fly across the cage and you travel at the same speed as the normal punches/steps.
Quote:
Also, big change from last year is that no strikes will ‘freeze’ your fighter. So when someone leg kicks you or throws body hooks you can keep striking and moving. You will never be in a position striking where you cannot move.
Nice. The stepping strikes and the freezing were the most ridiculous things about 2009.

Last edited by Phillmattic; 03-27-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #20

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
Am I the only one who thinks that this game will be an online spam-fest, because the punches look like they are thrown way faster than last year. But at least there is head movement, and what appears to be a good counter system.

The offline looks like it will be great though, especially the new career mode.
If you just stand there and throw punches like that, I'm thinking you are susceptible to a take down. But with online, it is impossible to get around people that abuse. It will always be like that in online gaming. Video games are programmed, and given the time, some loser will find a way to exploit what is programmed.

Something I think that needs to be added is better foot movement. Sometimes the fighters look like sock puppets because it seems the only thing moving are their arms when punching. A little more momentum in the body could be added.

Looks great though. You really get the sense they improved on much, like an annual release should.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
If you just stand there and throw punches like that, I'm thinking you are susceptible to a take down. But with online, it is impossible to get around people that abuse. It will always be like that in online gaming. Video games are programmed, and given the time, some loser will find a way to exploit what is programmed.

Something I think that needs to be added is better foot movement. Sometimes the fighters look like sock puppets because it seems the only thing moving are their arms when punching. A little more momentum in the body could be added.

Looks great though. You really get the sense they improved on much, like an annual release should.
I hope ratings matter alot more this year. Last year you could create a fighter with a 15 offensive ground grapple rating and still transition and reverse at the same skill and level of say someone rated 95 in same area.

I want to see guys that struggle on the ground....STRUGGLE!! Kimbo on his back should be TOUGH as all hell to work out that position or prevent the submission. It should be your goal BEFORE the fight to realize if you get taken down......YOU ARE SCREWED. So in turn you should let your hands fly in less bunches and more one shot power shots and also looking for the sprawl to prevent the take down. I want to see this kind of gameplanning for all different kinds of fighters.

I also want to see the CPU use fighters how they fight in real life. I don't want to see Clay trying to stand and bang all fight. I want to see him go for the take down and make use of his ground and pound from guard. Nonstop work, little motor that he is.

Also interested to see how they improved Lyoto Machida fighting style. To see if you can really do such as him and get in and out with out taking damage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2010, 07:27 PM   #22
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Good post Phobia i agree on all points. 1st day purchase either way.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:01 PM   #23
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Gamespot Hands On (Career Mode)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
Haven't read it yet and won't be able to - but that screenshot looks ****ing great; looks exactly like Guida.
Where did you see a shot of Guida?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:35 PM   #24
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Wow... sixteen ****ing fighters in a demo? I can play this all day! I played the 2009 demo like crazy and it only featured two

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »