Home

Madden NFL 11 Demo Voting: You Choose the Matchup

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Demo Voting: You Choose the Matchup within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2010, 10:21 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden NFL 11 Demo Voting: You Choose the Matchup

They do, it's called the retail game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2010, 10:23 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets at all btw, they have the best rushing attack and I love trying to rush the ball in madden, especially now that they will have LT.

My ideal matchup in fact would be Jets vs Saints.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:28 AM   #27
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Yep. They should have had 4 different games with 8 different teams.
ive heard rumors that the UFC demo is going to let us choose 16 different fighters. Other sports demos should do the same and give us more than just the 2 teams, how about 4 teams because then you get a much better sense of how each team is different, you cover more styles and playbooks.

I think they should let us pick from the Saints, Colts, Jets, Vikings and make the demo 3 min quarters, 4 quarter game. That seems fair enough.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:30 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Although I tend to agree, you have to look at it from EA's perspective, including more teams and longer quarters could mean people who aren't football nuts like us will just play the demo and be fine with never buying the game. Especially including more teams is probably a bad thing in that sense because it would give more users access to using their own team.

Remember, not everyone is so hardcore about football like us and view it differently. A more fleshed out demo might cut into sales of the retail game.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:47 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Although I tend to agree, you have to look at it from EA's perspective, including more teams and longer quarters could mean people who aren't football nuts like us will just play the demo and be fine with never buying the game. Especially including more teams is probably a bad thing in that sense because it would give more users access to using their own team.

Remember, not everyone is so hardcore about football like us and view it differently. A more fleshed out demo might cut into sales of the retail game.
This showing how small OS is in comparison to the big picture. How the votes go are how you average gamers think.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:01 AM   #30
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg

i doubt having 4 teams is going to hurt sales. People aren't going to just be satisfied having a 3 min quarter demo just because there are 4 teams instead of 2. And you dont include commentary in the demo so that aspect would be missing plus you wouldnt have any of the features you have with the full version. And you make it 3 mins so you can actually get a feel for the game and be able to put together a drive.

Making it 4 teams instead of 2 teams would have virtually no impact on sales results suffering.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:08 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaint92
How in the heck are Jets vs Colts up 52%? I know Imma Saints homer but that makes no sense to me at all.
Public opinion is Jets are the best defense option and Peyton Manning is the best offensive option. they want to play with both and test them out. Remember Saints had one season, but Peyton Manning and Rex Ryan are staples of consistant greatness on there side of the ball. (Ryan with Ravens defense before the Jets.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2010, 02:00 PM   #32
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I picked the Jets so we could see some balanced teams. The other two matchups are kind of similar and I don't really like the Saints.
Picking the Jets and Colts makes a ton of sense.

I would like to also see if the raitngs of QB actually take effect. Sanches is in no way a Payton Manning and I would like to feel that in the Demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »