Home

New Dynasty Feature Arrives at Operation Sports

This is a discussion on New Dynasty Feature Arrives at Operation Sports within the Steve's Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Steve's Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
New Dynasty Feature Arrives at Operation Sports

Tired of posting dynasty updates in the Forums? You're in luck. Your Dynasty page allows you to quickly and easily track your dynasties like never before. With the use of our user friendly Dynasty Table Generators entering your Dynasty results and stats has never been easier. No HTML knowledge is necessary. You simply fill out the form, hit submit and the code (along with a preview of your table) is given to you. Whether you want to keep things simple or go all out, this feature is for you.

Our new Dedicated Dynasty page will showcase all user Dynasties. Similar to how we handle User Blogs, we will tag some of the better ones for the home page (work in progress), so more people can follow along. So if you want your Dynasty showcased, make sure you do it up right!

So what are you waiting for? Click your Dynasty tab to get started or check out the Dedicated Dynasty page to see what's going on.

As always, if you have any questions or issues, just let us know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
How is this better. I already have a dynasty that is over 100 replies long and was a lot of work. I'm one of the sites better 'chisers' and, quite frankly, I don't get how this is an improvement or how this will generate more traffic.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
How is this better. I already have a dynasty that is over 100 replies long and was a lot of work. I'm one of the sites better 'chisers' and, quite frankly, I don't get how this is an improvement or how this will generate more traffic.
You can still do these in the Forums, if you like. This is just a different option.

Also, Forum members can use the Generators. But you have to make sure it is correct before posting. Editing it, causes issues in the Forums.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: New Dynasty Feature Arrives at Operation Sports

Quote:
Settle down. This is a feature a lot of people have been asking for, for a long time. OS obliged us and gave us what we asked for.

If you don't want to use it, don't, no one is forcing you to.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Great feature, but it seems the OS log in does not work, and seems you have to create a whole knew one?

Is this intended or a bug?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
I'm more than settled...it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

It seems to me that if your chise isn't one of the 'featured dynasties', then your chise will stay hidden in your 'arena' and seriously...how often do you think people go around looking at everyones arena's? I know I never do.

It seems like there still needs to be some sort of directory that people can browse through...

also, it seems almost glaringly obvious to me that there should be a link in the forums to the dynasties for the sport of a particular game...

For instance, if I'm browsing the NHL 10 or NHL 2k10 forums, each one at the top should have a link to get to the Hockey Dynasties...as well as the sliders subforum, etc.

Would do a lot of good.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
Pro

osubucksfan47's Arena

OVR: 10
I personally like this, I will probably end up making one eventually. Something I would like to see is more tables, for things such as rosters, statistics, standings, etc. instead of just boxscores. But this is a good start.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #8
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:
I'm more than settled...it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

It seems to me that if your chise isn't one of the 'featured dynasties', then your chise will stay hidden in your 'arena' and seriously...how often do you think people go around looking at everyones arena's? I know I never do.

It seems like there still needs to be some sort of directory that people can browse through...

also, it seems almost glaringly obvious to me that there should be a link in the forums to the dynasties for the sport of a particular game...

For instance, if I'm browsing the NHL 10 or NHL 2k10 forums, each one at the top should have a link to get to the Hockey Dynasties...as well as the sliders subforum, etc.

Would do a lot of good.
Good points, Millennium is looking into those types of things on the Forum side. As for the Arena/Dynasty pages. It is simply another route for users to take, nothing more, nothing less. We will be tweaking things as they get more popular.

If you like using the Forum, feel free to continue doing so.
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Steve's Forum »