Home

EA Announces Tim Tebow as Exclusive NCAA Football 11 Cover Athlete (Press Release)

This is a discussion on EA Announces Tim Tebow as Exclusive NCAA Football 11 Cover Athlete (Press Release) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #17
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: EA Announces Tim Tebow as Exclusive NCAA Football 11 Cover Athlete (Press Release

Quote:
NCAA Football 11 will give players 120 ways to win with real college offenses that, for the first time ever, reflect the authentic style of every NCAA FBS school
So, we now know what 3 items from the potential features survey were selected for '11.

Last edited by Tengo Juego; 04-08-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:40 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 9
Why Tebow and not Suh. Suh is a better football player and would look like a monster on the cover. Meh, I guess I can live with it....
Old 04-09-2010, 06:33 AM   #19
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: EA Announces Tim Tebow as Exclusive NCAA Football 11 Cover Athlete (Press Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffdaddy
Why Tebow and not Suh. Suh is a better football player and would look like a monster on the cover. Meh, I guess I can live with it....
Yes I agree, why not a guy who was a stud defensive tackle over the first sophomore to ever win the Heisman and the only man ever to win two Maxwells. I realize a lot of people don't like Tebow for various reasons, but there is absolutely NO argument anybody can make for anybody other then MAYBE Colt McCoy (most wins by a starter) for the cover of the COLLEGE football game. This isn't NCAA Best Pro Prospect 11.

wanted to add this isn't directed ONLY at you as i saw it about 50 times in the other thread.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 04-09-2010, 11:27 AM   #20
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

As long as he is not on all the versions I am fine. I am guessing he will be on the 360 version so hopefully that means someone else will be on the ps3 version.

In one way it is not surprising to hear that Tebow is a cover athlete because he was a great player. On the other hand, he is also hated by about 90% of college football fans. I honestly don't know of a single person, no family, friends, or co workers that actually like the guy. Personally I blame the media for so many people hating him: we all got sick of hearing about Timmy "Jesus is my uncle" Tebow.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #21
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
So, we now know what 3 items from the potential features survey were selected for '11.
If these were the only three they would have stretched out the announcements to late May; I'm cautiously optimistic there will be more. The Madden devs made mention of players spending way too much time at the play call screen compared to playing the game and they wanted that to change. That means the first one on the list is definitely in for Madden and likely NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 01:40 PM   #22
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
As long as he is not on all the versions I am fine. I am guessing he will be on the 360 version so hopefully that means someone else will be on the ps3 version.

In one way it is not surprising to hear that Tebow is a cover athlete because he was a great player. On the other hand, he is also hated by about 90% of college football fans. I honestly don't know of a single person, no family, friends, or co workers that actually like the guy. Personally I blame the media for so many people hating him: we all got sick of hearing about Timmy "Jesus is my uncle" Tebow.
Well, I guess you wont be fine, cause he's on all covers. That's what exclusive means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
If these were the only three they would have stretched out the announcements to late May; I'm cautiously optimistic there will be more. The Madden devs made mention of players spending way too much time at the play call screen compared to playing the game and they wanted that to change. That means the first one on the list is definitely in for Madden and likely NCAA.
Well, the ESPN presentation was a slip up. It hasn't been 'announced' yet.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #23
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

What!?!?! There is no way this guy can be on all the covers.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:42 PM   #24
Rookie

GatorChomp1's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
What!?!?! There is no way this guy can be on all the covers.
He'll be on all the covers, just a different pose for each. Check out the article.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »