Home

NCAA Football 11 Locomotion Live Chat (Replay Available Now)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Locomotion Live Chat (Replay Available Now) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 30
Re: NCAA Football 11 Locomotion Live Chat (Replay Available Now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
I didn't have my question answered in live chat but I was wondering if anyone else here knew....

In that awesome screenshot of the miami hurricane ball carrier it looks as if the player is really planting his foot and sitting down for a heavy body shift type of cutback.....was that question ever brought up or has anyone ever heard anything on it? If so does that affect acceleration with having to build up the acceleration again after a sharp cutback? It seems like in last builds players could turn on dimes with no affect to acc.

It's awesome screen shot!
Actually, in several different ways, they answered that in the chat. Locomtion virutally has an affect accelaration, cutbacks, speed, and momentum. Sounds like we are going to have to retune how we all play NCAA AND Madden, this year, if this new tech is the real deal.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #18
Rookie

shad_moss93's Arena

OVR: 8

EA_Russ_Kiniry:
From what I've been playing with so far these are two great examples of what happens in the game (cut backs and using acceleration). There have been many runs where you see a hole on the back side of the play and when you make the move to go there the defenders now can't stop on a dime and cut back to stop you. So what you see is poor defenders basically over pursuing the play side and huge runs on cut backs. It really is one of the funnest things with locomotion I've seen.

NCAA Football Dev Team:

Yeah, there are more opportunities for cutbacks on kick returns and turnovers. Being out in open space is where you notice it the most.

NCAA Football Dev Team:
Agility is the rating that lets you keep your speed while turning. A low agility guy with high acceleration will have to slow down more to make the turns,but can get back up to top speed quicker. A high agility guy with low acceleration won't have to slow down to maintain the same speed. As you can see different combinations of ratings can allow players to be effective in ways that match the style of player they are.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:05 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 60
Only thing I'm worried about are cutback runs... hopefully those won't be out of control. Really looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #20
Rookie

shad_moss93's Arena

OVR: 8

[Comment From KMart2180 KMart2180: ]
Will the Defensive AI be smart enough now to contain some of these cutback runs? Or is this gonna be a high scoring affair?

NCAA Football Dev Team:
It's very tunable. Players with better pursuit ratings will defend better against the cutback.

EA_Russ_Kiniry:
For example some teams with lower defensive ratings have given up huge runs when I'm playing the game... however a top notch defense still will make plays in the back field.

NCAA Football Dev Team:
We aren't seeing shootouts in the games we are playing against each other now. When the system first went in at the beginning of the cycle before we had retuned the ai however...
Old 04-14-2010, 06:23 PM   #21
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NCAA Football 11 Locomotion Live Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowsike
What will the online default be
Probably right in the middle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #22
Rookie

GatorChomp1's Arena

OVR: 3

Sounds like with the new locomotion we're going to have to do some scouting before our OL dynasty games. Seems like in the past all players played way too similar. Now we'll have to know what the #1,2 and 3 running backs running styles are, and their strengths and weaknesses (power, speed, mix). Plus add the team specific playbooks, man this could be fun to play with different style teams.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #23
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
We decided that a trip and fall was too much of a penalty.
What about in the rain or snow? Would it not be a fair penalty in slippery conditions?
I hope they made the right decision here, and maybe can add those falls and trips to poor field conditions.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:05 PM   #24
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i wish they would have answered that question . i did ask that question but they didnt get to it.

it seems as if i wont be using the R2 button

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »