Home

Madden NFL 11 Locomotion Live Chat (Replay Available Now)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Locomotion Live Chat (Replay Available Now) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2010, 05:24 PM   #9
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Madden NFL 11 Locomotion Live Chat (Replay Available Now)

I got a question answered to with about 15 mins to go aswell. Under a different name. But neverless I did get a question answered
Old 04-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 55

Acceleration will really adjust how those pass-rushing OLB's are not only rated, but what they do against the OL. There's a chance we could see a REAL pocket this year!!

*fingers crossed*

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 04-15-2010, 05:35 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by theant1h3ro
I got one answered as well. Not the one I wanted but still a good detail none the less.

[Comment From theant1h3ro]
How will Locomotion affect defensive plays like blitzes and stunts?

Madden NFL Dev Team: The acceleration ratings of dlineman and linebackers has a pretty dramatic effect on stunts and blitzes. The focus on making those ratings matter more really allows explosive defensive players to make plays over shorter distances that they couldn't make last year.

....It's good to know that star defensive players will be able to make impact plays at the LOS this year. As a Panthers fan I got sick and tired of seeing guys like Peppers, Beason and Davis get stonewalled at the LOS play after play. Should make Vikings fans very happy as well if it works like it should.
Wow I really hope this is true! I can't say how mad I use to get in Madden 10 that dominant defensive players that were linebackers/D-Linemen wouldn't make huge impacts. Jared Allen used to be a non-factor, but if this change is true then I love it!

Also, I'm hoping Madden loses that staged feeling when I played 10 (or any EA game this year for that matter). With locomotion and spectacular catches, I am hoping there will be some spectacular highlights instead of the best highlight last year being a staged pro-tak animation that we'd already seen 5 times. Now, I am hoping we get some awesome animations, kind of like NBA 2K10 has, where a player like Larry Fitzgerald will once in a while, just make an absurd catch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 05:42 PM   #12
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I really didn't get anything out of that chat to be honest. I know I really didn't like this answer:

we saw how weather such as snow played a role in animations such as guys slipping. With the new locomotion system, will we see even more of an effect?
Thursday April 15, 2010 4:18 victor
4:19
Madden NFL Dev Team:
We are still discussing ways to do this without making it too frustrating for the user. The slips that played last year could be pretty frustrating since they seemed so random when they played

Seems to me weather should impact locomotion and this response seems like they think gamers feel cheated when this happens. I would think this would be easy to add/imporve with better locomotion. Cut too fast in heavy snow or rainy conditions and you slip and fall simple as that.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #13
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I really didn't get anything out of that chat to be honest. I know I really didn't like this answer:

we saw how weather such as snow played a role in animations such as guys slipping. With the new locomotion system, will we see even more of an effect?
Thursday April 15, 2010 4:18 victor
4:19
Madden NFL Dev Team:
We are still discussing ways to do this without making it too frustrating for the user. The slips that played last year could be pretty frustrating since they seemed so random when they played

Seems to me weather should impact locomotion and this response seems like they think gamers feel cheated when this happens. I would think this would be easy to add/imporve with better locomotion. Cut too fast in heavy snow or rainy conditions and you slip and fall simple as that.
Exactly. I hated the fact that they added slips, but sometimes they wouldn't affect the play. I've seen receivers slip on their routes and warp from the ground to the catch animation to make the grab. Same with the QB dropback. The animation played so quickly, that it didn't really affect the play. Seems like they added it for just the visual.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-15-2010, 06:12 PM   #14
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Acceleration will really adjust how those pass-rushing OLB's are not only rated, but what they do against the OL. There's a chance we could see a REAL pocket this year!!

*fingers crossed*
The pocket ain't the issue from this past year. What is the issue was the oline pass blocking was not all that good. The AI was always getting the QB to quick. I know last year at this time when Ian did a video for on pass rush for us. At first it seem that we had to much time in the pocket. Then Ian and his team tweaked some stuff, low and behold the QB didn't have enough in the pocket. I could careless about a true pocket. There is no true NFL pocket. The pocket forms differently on every play. Sometime this no pocket period. It all depends on the plays the players and so on that forms a decent to good pocket. My main concern is that I'm hoping Ian andhis crew tones down the AI blitzing this year, and tunes the human oline pass blocking to give a little more time in the pocket according to oline ratings.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #15
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Exactly. I hated the fact that they added slips, but sometimes they wouldn't affect the play. I've seen receivers slip on their routes and warp from the ground to the catch animation to make the grab. Same with the QB dropback. The animation played so quickly, that it didn't really affect the play. Seems like they added it for just the visual.
That's my biggest concern about locomotion in general. A lot of this can be just for the visual. There are plenty of youtube vids showing hitch steps, player shifting etc., which can easily make the new locomotion not make any difference.

The weather response is just a red flag for this to me. Instead of discussing how the new locomotion can make this more realistic, they are looking into this as if considering even having it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 07:23 PM   #16
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Thought this chat was way better than the catch tuning one. Not an Ian Cummings fan to be honest. Didn't seem to be many people there. One guy asked four questions.
I am pretty sure Fifa use locomation for the football. I hope they use it in Madden as well so no more floating to the ground like a helicopter after a swat.
Still need to here about offline franchise mode before I get excited.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »