Home

Skate 3 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Skate 3 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Skate 3 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

Team up and throw down with SKATE 3! Players can sample the ultimate skateboarding experience with the SKATE 3 demo, available as a free download on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace and PlayStation®Network. The demo let’s player’s attend Skate School with Coach Frank, lay down the perfect line in the University District, try out the Object Dropper as well as take on a series of single and multiplayer challenges including Domination, Own the Lot, and the bone-crushing Hall of Meat.

As an added bonus, players can in the Film to Win SKATE 3 Demo contest by capture their most epic skate lines participate people that play the demo and most gnarly bails. Fans must upload their videos to www.facebook.com/Skate in order to be eligible to win a variety of prizes including an all-expense (flights and hotel) paid trip for three to see the Maloof Money Cup in June in New York City, along with $1000 spending cash. For more details and complete contest rules visit Skate’s Facebook page.

SKATE 3 hits retailers in North America on May 11th, 2010 and worldwide on May 14th, 2010 and is available on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. The game is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB and “16+” by PEGI. More information can be found at http://www.skate.ea.com, become a fan on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/skate, or follow us on Twitter @ Hippyjump.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 30
Grabbed this off the EU PSN Store this morn - I'm not happy with the fact that EA has NOT upped the resolution and graphics after 3 iterations of this game. I look at a game like GTA IV, and the Eps of Lib City, which seemed to actually up the resolution over the original GTA IV on the PS3, which is a HUGE sandbox of a game and the level of detail STILL wows the ish out of me that they could pull all that off.

Call me a graphics whore but I think that's the VERY LEAST a game could have on consoles like the PS3/360.We are NOT back in the days of the PS1 or, even, PS2. Great graphics with good resolution should be the norm, by now. This is 3rd generation PS3 time. The console is about 4yrs old. C'mon, EA.

That being said, the game still is solid, gameplay and control wise. Gotta dig more into the demo
Old 04-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Skate 3 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

I got it off the EU PSN as well.

Same ship,different bay. But this ship isn't sinking unlike someone elses. *coughTocoughnycough* Darkslides are nice.

Is it possible to climb up the clock tower?
Old 04-15-2010, 10:43 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

The one thing that's killing it is off-board controls. Now you sprint and leap with far too much exaggeration. It's just strange, and I really hoped they had corrected this.

Framerate is smooth, pedestrian commentary is hilarious! Hardcore mode looks to be the norm. I hope the real game will have custom music options for the PS3 (that is, adding your own music). Good stuff for the most part.

EDIT: Haha, and you can hassle people until they start chasing after you with tasers!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 04-15-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:24 AM   #5
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Forgot to mention I liked the easy mode. The controls seemed precise for once. I tried hardcore and it seemed to be back to the usual. I should probably give it another shot and try normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2010, 05:35 AM   #6
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

God I wish I had PSN access.

Still, though, I fully expect this game to get my vote for Game of the Year. It's only April, I don't care. Skate and Skate 2 are 2 of my 3 favorite games on next gen consoles. I don't expect my love affair to end with 3.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Tried it out and its really nice on Hardcore mode. For some reason it just feels better than Skate 1 & 2.

But I think I'll just stick with Skate 2 for now. Not enough of an improvement imo.

Old 04-16-2010, 05:52 PM   #8
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33
Are we still stuck in San Vanelona in this one?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »