Home

Madden NFL 11 Locomotion Live Chat (Replay Available Now)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Locomotion Live Chat (Replay Available Now) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2010, 07:40 PM   #17
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 11 Locomotion Live Chat (Replay Available Now)

A good question that I think EA either didnt understand or avoided. "Was Will locomotion force Wrs to slow down to make high jumps?"

I think this would cut down on alot of the user catch abuse. And keep players rather its DB/WRS/LBS/RBS from suddenly lifting off the ground to make a high grab.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:38 PM   #18

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Pretty interesting little chat. I couldn't catch it live so I'm glad they had a replay.

The running back swatting at defenders makes me think that there is a good possibility that you can put a hand on the back of a O-lineman but, I not holding my breath on that one. All in all I liked the text chat, keep em comin.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:10 AM   #19
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
Thought this chat was way better than the catch tuning one. Not an Ian Cummings fan to be honest. Didn't seem to be many people there. One guy asked four questions.
I am pretty sure Fifa use locomation for the football. I hope they use it in Madden as well so no more floating to the ground like a helicopter after a swat.
Still need to here about offline franchise mode before I get excited.
I don't think it was because there were a few people, I think it was because they were picking and choosing which ones to answer. Could be wrong, but that's how CNet handled their live chat with Steve Jobs after Apple's OS 4.0 event.

I know that I asked several questions of Ryan today and none of them showed up. So I just stopped trying and just looked at responses to other people. I'm sure many did the same.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:44 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I really didn't get anything out of that chat to be honest. I know I really didn't like this answer:

we saw how weather such as snow played a role in animations such as guys slipping. With the new locomotion system, will we see even more of an effect?
Thursday April 15, 2010 4:18 victor
4:19
Madden NFL Dev Team:
We are still discussing ways to do this without making it too frustrating for the user. The slips that played last year could be pretty frustrating since they seemed so random when they played

Seems to me weather should impact locomotion and this response seems like they think gamers feel cheated when this happens. I would think this would be easy to add/imporve with better locomotion. Cut too fast in heavy snow or rainy conditions and you slip and fall simple as that.
I actually asked that one... once he answered i wrote back saying that if the conditions are bad then us as players should think twice about making extreme cuts and turns or else guys will slip or lose their footing. The weather would be fun to force us to change our playing style and really make things feel sim and fun.

hopefully they saw that...

I also saw how he talked about how running backs put their arm on o-linemen and shorten their steps then slide by (2k style). I also made a point to chime in and point out that i hope they use that kind of interaction with everyone on the field not just running backs. It's just as important to see the defense interact with each other as well. ex: linebackers pushing off d-lineman as they try and get to the ballcarrier.

Edit: Even though they didn't answer everyone's questions. I made sure to put my views in there because i KNOW they were at least read by a dev.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 04-16-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:18 AM   #21
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

This was my first live chat experience. Moved a lot slower than I anticipated. Felt kinda redundant after the NCAA locomotion chat.

Hopefully the next time, if they have another, they'll coordinate and discuss different topics.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2010, 02:42 AM   #22
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Wow I really hope this is true! I can't say how mad I use to get in Madden 10 that dominant defensive players that were linebackers/D-Linemen wouldn't make huge impacts. Jared Allen used to be a non-factor, but if this change is true then I love it!
My big concern is that the Madden Dev Team put a lot of emphasis on the fact that locomotion only affects free movement and not OL/DL interaction/blocking etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
A good question that I think EA either didnt understand or avoided. "Was Will locomotion force Wrs to slow down to make high jumps?"

I think this would cut down on alot of the user catch abuse. And keep players rather its DB/WRS/LBS/RBS from suddenly lifting off the ground to make a high grab.
You got it. I wrote that question under a different name. I was hoping that the Dev Team would address the issue of defenders running full/high speed in one direction and then suddenly jump straight off the ground to intercept or deflect a pass as they often do in Madden 10. But they only replied that locomotion doesn't affect jump height - not the answer I had hope for.

I had hoped to get some confirmation that locomotion (acceleration, momentum, and direction changes) would somehow affect how players are able to jump, such as being forced to obey their momentum and direction when jumping.

--o0o--

On the positive side I think locomotion will be able to eliminate some of the long return TDs that DL were able to get in Madden 10. Often your WRs and RBs couldn't catch up, but I hope locomotion will address that issue.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:52 AM   #23
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

yea i kinda felt we got more and better info from NCAA the day before, but from here on out they should stay two different chatting topics. but i have a feeling that it will happen again this was a big thing they implemented so I'm sure they wanted to give perspectives to cancel out some of the speculation
Old 04-16-2010, 09:23 AM   #24
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Now with locomotion the agility rating will be important. Does anyone think it did nothing before M11 and was just for show like many ratings?
I am also a little worried by the answer to the jumping question. I really would have liked this fixed but can deal with a few flaws if overall it's a solid game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »