Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: Gameplay Footage

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: Gameplay Footage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2010, 05:47 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video: Gameplay Footage

and once again it looks like NCAA "whatever year" look like Madden "previous year"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 05:47 PM   #26
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Looks better than 10, but my anticipation has been tamed. I thought the locomotion would have more of an impact with how the players looked when they moved. It just looks inconsistent right now.
Agreed there was some things I loved. And some that made me wonder.

Bad Things

The last clip with the Notre Dame player made a last year juke and the defender fell do like he was hip tossed.

Ray Smalls of tOSU is still catching the ball and turning up field like last year.

The Illinois player when he spin isnt time well and he breaks down for the spin unnaturally yet the move still works.

Good things

The OL/DL interaction seems improved.

The WR/CB interaction seems improved aswell.

The Brantley clip was a thing of beauty. The movement was natural and the ball placement in his hand almost made me cry.

The Crist clip was nice two.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Did anyone notice at the time 22 second through 25 second where the flordia DE went around the Gator LT without doing any kind of swim move are anything like. That same thing happens in madden 10. That is not real. They need to fix that problem. But overall it looks decent for the first video. There seems to be still alot of tuning and tweaking that needs to be done to make things right.
Yup. Im not sure who the FSU DE is but he is built like a DT and that type of move is something that elite pass rushers might be able to pull of. but it's still very rare. I was watching some JPP gametape from USF vs. Texas Tech and he was able to do it twice.

Assuming Florida has a decent LT the FSU should never in a million years be able to pull that move off.

STANCE GUIDE
http://bit.ly/HtkpmT
MOTION GUIDE
http://bit.ly/IqkdGh
Old 04-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #28
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
The Florida Tight end or whatever he is, doesnt even look for the ball. This is a horrible video. Im sorry
Well bro this is only a alpha build video. No one should be expecting perfection right now. That goes along with madden 11 trailer coming up thursday night aswell. All this alpha build stage. They know what they need to do and all. Nothing is perfect. I feel that this video should some promise. I'm not super impressed. But I like it. It is a work still in progress.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #29
Rookie

thesteamontheboat's Arena

OVR: 8

I thought that the locomotion was suppose to give the players the ability to lean and round off corners instead of that jerky look?

But other than that I can live with just hate it seems like they didn't tell the whole truth about that. But with the new presentation elements this game will get bought by me.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:50 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 12

looks the same as last year to me
Old 04-19-2010, 05:50 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 24

Not very impressive. Could barely notice any different from 10, other than the equipment stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 05:50 PM   #32
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
That video was terrible. I mean god-awful horrible.

First, they start off with a play where a guy running full speed is knocked backwards by a guy who takes two steps before hitting him. So much for physics or momentum.

The animations look terrible and jerky, just like Madden 10. The player models are horrifically fat and ugly looking for skill players, and as has been mentioned before the TE catches a pass (from a QB on the run) 30 yards downfield without ever turning to look at it.

This is all coming from a person who actually played the heck out of '10. This video may actually be a step backwards from '10 with the things they showed IMO.

Just as I said. The Florida TE just knew the ball was coming with out looking for it first. And yes, the WR look like linebackers. IDK, my hype meter went down a few notches. I would have preferred more presentation pics

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »