Home

Backbreaker Conference Call

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Conference Call within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #9
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Backbreaker Conference Call at 2:15 EDT!

no hot routes, no injuries, and no fatigue combined is a pretty big deal imo...

Injuries I can see not having, but if you add no fatigue you might as well not have more than 24 players on the team. Plus no hot routes really eliminates the cat and mouse game that the QB had with the defense pre-snap.

Big buzz kill for me
Old 04-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #10
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

A lot of stuff they kept out for this football game. They wanted to focus on game play, so, I see how that pans out, but no difference between pro and arcade except for the play art.

There are a few things I could live without, but not most of this list.

Doesn't look like BB is the game for me.

Just my opinion.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #11
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

No fatigue in football is huge. If there is no fatigue then your big power back never gets tired, or you can't wear down a tough defense. How can you not have fatigue in a football game in this generation is beyond me. It totally eliminates substitution not that anyone would sub anyway. Still if they roll with tired players you could hurt them. Not so in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #12
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

If the lack of these features bothers some of you so much, just don't play the game, it's really that simple. Would I like to see injuries, fatigue and hot routes in the game? Sure, but my world will not end if they are not in. Personally I'm looking forward to playing this game because it's something new. If what they have done works, well then maybe we will see all the bells and whistles in the next installment of the game. $50.00 for something new that has the potential to be great is a small price to pay for me.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
If the lack of these features bothers some of you so much, just don't play the game, it's really that simple. Would I like to see injuries, fatigue and hot routes in the game? Sure, but my world will not end if they are not in. Personally I'm looking forward to playing this game because it's something new. If what they have done works, well then maybe we will see all the bells and whistles in the next installment of the game. $50.00 for something new that has the potential to be great is a small price to pay for me.
agreed. i just hate how ppl are quick to write off these big things or tell ppl to go shove it if they dont like it. its not like we dont wanna play the game, just really wish these important things werent overlooked and included.

somebody was asking me if i played madden in the live blog and i guess the next move was going to be labeling me a fanboy of madden, just because i think fatigue, injuries, and challenges (least important to me) are important and necessary. i play all the football titles and have no allegiance to any title. im just a fan of football.

but in the end gameplay is whats most important. honestly, if it has A+ gameplay, alot can be overlooked on this first time out. however tho, round 2, there is absolutely no excuse then, if that installment ever sees the light of day.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #14
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

I guess I'll take this game of my rental list..
No Injury, No Fatigue, and No Hot Routes...
Old 04-20-2010, 04:10 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

i was really hoping for alot from BB and my expections where very high and after the GI preview i wasnt even worried but after this conference i am pissed. no routes ok i will live witout no online franchise oh well i didnt play it on madden anyway so i have no problem with it but no fatigue and no injuries thats just ********. for this game to be simulation football it needs to have fatigue that is a very important part of the game. so that mean if yu have a fast running back he will basically run as fast at the end of a 80 yd as he did in the beginning. thats not realistic at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 04:10 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 12

Everyone needs to go out and buy Backbreaker. Tell your friends, family, co- workers to go out and support this game, so that they will have enough money to make BACKBREAKER 2 ! This will be a great foundation game and if it is supported well by the community, there will be a sequel with everything that will be missing in this one (created plays,injuries,challenges,hot routes and stadium creation).

Support this game ! I want to see Backbreaker 2,3,4 ect...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »