Home

NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #25
Rookie

cgraves45's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

I haven't heard a single bad thing come from anyone who was invited to play on Community Day. So hopefully it is alot better than what we saw on the gameplay videos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 02:34 PM   #26
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Will they have the actual saturday football on ESPN music. Cuz that ish gives me chills. Im really wondering what the pregame stuff will look like. ohhwee come on Friday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4gx8uTYX6k

Last edited by mrMagic91; 04-22-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigemAGGIES13
Encouraging write-up, but I'll still wait for the real gameplay videos. Can't say I'm not excited though.
My thoughts exactly!
Old 04-22-2010, 02:39 PM   #28
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Some of you need to realize that previews are almost always optimistic. It's not because they've been bought off by EA or some other crazy conspiracy, it's because they get to see a lot of the good, new stuff, and they usually refrain from mentioning many of the issues because there's a chance they may be resolved before release.

Previews are meant to highlight the new additions and give a general feeling about the direction of the game, not be an extensive breakdown of all the pros and cons they've seen in an unfinished build.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #29
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Someone in the promotions department at EA write this up? Thing reads like a sales pitch to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
I.T.S. I.G.N.
I'll take that as a yes.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #30
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

I want to believe! Though it is just a preview, the positivity of it has counter-balanced the awful-ness of that video for me. I'm looking forward to real gameplay footage and the demo.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 04-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 12

This quote sums up their experience quite well I think...

"Obviously, after a short preview, I can't say whether EA Sports has succeeded in its effort to deliver a truly authentic college football game, but by the outward appearance of the game I saw in New York and the direction they say they're going, I'd say the developers at Tiburon are well on their way.

He states that he cant really say wether EA has succeded, and then turns around and say that IF things are going in the direction EA says they are going....

In other words, he saw the same thing we saw in that terrible video that they posted, but was assured that everything would be functioning like the want it to be.....at a later date.

Thats what I got from it. Same story every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #32
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
This quote sums up their experience quite well I think...

"Obviously, after a short preview, I can't say whether EA Sports has succeeded in its effort to deliver a truly authentic college football game, but by the outward appearance of the game I saw in New York and the direction they say they're going, I'd say the developers at Tiburon are well on their way.

He states that he cant really say wether EA has succeeded, and then turns around and say that IF things are going in the direction EA says they are going....

In other words, he saw the same thing we saw in that terrible video that they posted, but was assured that everything would be functioning like the want it to be.....at a later date.

Thats what I got from it. Same story every year.
To be fair, we can't know what the author saw. He got to spend time actually playing the game, not just watching a single (really crummy) video. Maybe the game plays better now that it did when the vid was made?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »