Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: Developer Interview With Gameplay (IGN)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: Developer Interview With Gameplay (IGN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #9
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Ben Haumiler interview (With gameplay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlegendkillax
Theres also a new Tim Tebow interview, hes kinda dissing Madden in it lol. The gameplay footage in it is basically the same as the developer interview though.
Yea i seen it. lol. I may be a little off subject, but all of these videos i seen so far havent had the Mark Ingram facemask or as people call it the "Percy Harvin" facemask. Just was interested in that subject

Last edited by mrMagic91; 04-22-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
Rookie

Lynx34's Arena

OVR: 4

Good to see Auburn getting some love, though I wish they didn't show the CB blitz sack 5 times. Anyway, one thing I noticed in the vid that jumped out at me was the wrap around draw to Auburn RB #23 (McCalebb). Notice the hand off goes underneath the back elbow for maximum subtlety. I'm not sure how prevalent this style of draw play is, but AU will do it at least twice a game.

Point being more generically? Looks like they're serious about the team specific play styles. Also, they better get those rosters updated. If Caudle (#19) and McCalebb (#23) are the starting backfield at launch, whoever does rosters needs to be fired.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:09 PM   #11
Rookie

bigmike20000's Arena

OVR: 9

i can't tell on my computer screen but when they show the Alabama pass play from behind Julio Jones is the ball wobbling ever so slightly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #12
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

saw better back peddling and did he say new replay system. finally maybe the ball will spin. Thank you

Old 04-22-2010, 06:11 PM   #13
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
Am I crazy or are there some pretty wide gaps in Missouri's OL? They do that in real life, right?
yes, spread offenses like Mizzou and Tech have WIDE gaps on the oline used to move defenders away from the ball, play 7-on-7 inside to run the ball, and Texas Tech used their wide splits to pass the ball almost exclusively with open lanes for short throws etc... it just opens the field up more.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid

Last edited by RynoAid; 04-22-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #14
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
yes, spread offenses like Mizzou and Tech have WIDE gaps on the oline used to move defenders away from the ball, play 7-on-7 inside to run the ball, and Texas Tech used their wide splits to pass the ball almost exclusively with open lanes for short throws etc... it just opens the field up more.
Question... say you have a Team Builder team and you want to play w/ those wide Tech splits... will using their playbook give your team that? Is there something else you can choose that will give that? Or are the wide splits exclusive to Tech and maybe Mizzou only?

Old 04-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #15
Rookie

kennethxD's Arena

OVR: 5

Looks great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #16
Rookie

Lynx34's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Question... say you have a Team Builder team and you want to play w/ those wide Tech splits... will using their playbook give your team that? Is there something else you can choose that will give that? Or are the wide splits exclusive to Tech and maybe Mizzou only?
My guess is that it would be a separate option altogether. So if you're in team builder there would be an option for what playbook you want to use, and another option for whose style your team will mimic. At least, that's how I would implement it if it were me. Guess we'll have to wait and see on that though. TeamBuilder hasn't been mentioned at all. I don't really use it, but I hope for those that do that they keep it fresh to keep up with other new features.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »