Home

NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 10:15 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview

We have just posted our hands-on NCAA Football 11 preview. Find out what Christian McLeod has to say about the game, a few months before release.

Quote:
"The NCAA series used to be my favorite sports franchise. I use the past tense because ever since the series came to current-gen consoles the gameplay quality and presentation values have taken steps backwards, culminating in the extremely disappointing NCAA Football 10.

So my mission was clear at this preview event in New York: track down those responsible for the development of the series, ask them the tough questions that the OS faithful expect and see just what was so special about this year's version of the game, especially after years of disappointment.

But before I go any further, I wanted to bring up one thing. In today’s world of yearly sports releases of varying quality, it is quite easy to scapegoat a developer or producer, placing the blame on those particular individuals for the quality of their aforementioned game. Our forum users here at OS have a somewhat notorious reputation for holding development teams to somewhat impossible standards at times -- just look at the 180-degree turn in excitement for NCAA 11 after the initial "gameplay" video was posted on site."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19
Sounds promising, but no bowl patches will really set some people off.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:28 AM   #3
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview

Good to know that teams will enter the field now, and that some will be authentic. Hopefully the teams that are not authentic will have some type of generic tunnel run out.

I buy NCAA every year, but looks like this year I'll have quite a bit to be excited about!
Old 04-23-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9
I completely regret reading this...purely because of the fact that it's not even may yet.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

This guy has me really excited with this preview! However, he talks about all new OL/DL AI and how it is had been completely re-written from last year. I would have to assume that Madden has this as well, and since the only real gameplay clip we have is from last nights Madden trailer, I did not see any big improvements to the OL/DL in those couple clips. (I was pretty upset about that)

Could him seeing this HUGE amount of progress in this area be because NCAA is more polished then Madden at this point?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 10:33 AM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Absolutely fantastic. Can't wait for NCAA 11!
Old 04-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #7
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessep07
I completely regret reading this...purely because of the fact that it's not even may yet.
I feel your pain.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #8
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I like the blocking, but I'm going to withhold judgement until I get the game in my hands. I'm still not sure whether to rent or buy, but if the video that was shown earlier was a pre-alpha, it makes me more excited for this game.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »