Home

NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview

And considering Roy is a Michigan fan I think we can expect Michigan to be one of the "Authentic team entrances" in the game!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

Christian, could you please elaborate a little further on locomotion. There is a major concern on these boards (NCAA and Madden) that locomotion is only utilized correctly with the user controlled player, or ball carrier. Do the other 21 players on the field have locomotion applied properly as well?

Will we see the same leaning, cutting, footplanting, momentum, and transition animations from ALL players on the field and not just the player that is "user controlled" or carrying the football?

If you could please answer this it would really clear up a lot of frustration on this board. Thanks!

EDIT: The only real gameplay footage from a default camera we have to go by is the Madden segment last night. The user controlled player locomotion looked great IMO but many did not see much from the other 21 players on the field. Also, many did not see the re-write to the OL/DL AI that you spoke about in your review in this particular SHORT video clip.

I will put a link to this video on gametrailers below. Maybe it is just because NCAA is further along in the development process.... I hope.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...dden-nfl/64703
Old 04-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #19
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

awesome write up christian . it always feels better when someone from OS does a writeup. You just eliminate the bs and they give it to you raw dog....lol
Old 04-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #20
Rookie

Jecooper9's Arena

OVR: 4
Great write-up....This is the best review I have seen on the game.

I haven't been this excited about NCAA Football since the PS2 days!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #21
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Christian, could you please elaborate a little further on locomotion. There is a major concern on these boards (NCAA and Madden) that locomotion is only utilized correctly with the user controlled player, or ball carrier. Do the other 21 players on the field have locomotion applied properly as well?

Will we see the same leaning, cutting, footplanting, momentum, and transition animations from ALL players on the field and not just the player that is "user controlled" or carrying the football?

If you could please answer this it would really clear up a lot of frustration on this board. Thanks!

EDIT: The only real gameplay footage from a default camera we have to go by is the Madden segment last night. The user controlled player locomotion looked great IMO but many did not see much from the other 21 players on the field. Also, many did not see the re-write to the OL/DL AI that you spoke about in your review in this particular SHORT video clip.

I will put a link to this video on gametrailers below. Maybe it is just because NCAA is further along in the development process.... I hope.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...dden-nfl/64703
YES- All players use momentum. You will see the footplants, momentum shifts, etc by all players on the field. You really have to play the game in order to really appreciate this.

I can't talk about Madden until Monday but please realize that the videos you are seeing (and that I played this week) of Madden 11 is an EXTREMELY early build of the game

DO NOT judge NCAA11 by any footage of Madden 11 you see. Ian and company have not revealed the latest build of Madden to the masses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
YES- All players use momentum. You will see the footplants, momentum shifts, etc by all players on the field. You really have to play the game in order to really appreciate this.

I can't talk about Madden until Monday but please realize that the videos you are seeing (and that I played this week) of Madden 11 is an EXTREMELY early build of the game

DO NOT judge NCAA11 by any footage of Madden 11 you see. Ian and company have not revealed the latest build of Madden to the masses.
Sounds great! Thanks for replying, I am happy all the NCAA guys appear to be getting a very quality game this year. I am hoping Madden at the very least matches this quality, and hopefully surpasses it since it is EA's flagship title.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:31 AM   #23
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...o/6259819?hd=1

There's some example of improved blocking in this video of game spot interview with drew brees

Old 04-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #24
MVP

Finally, will there be more gameplay enhancements announced, that havent been talked about yet, as we get closer to launch or are most the gameplay enhancements out of the bag by now?

Im really hoping for a new kicking meter, some kind of re-write to the passing game, and bettwer WR/DB interaction.

Thanks for taking the time to write that review and answer our questions!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »