Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: Offensive Styles

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: Offensive Styles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 11 Offensive Styles (Video)

Option stuff:

Not perfect but it's so clearly better than anything we've had before.
Actual assignments - tackles slanting in, slots arcing out (the flaw I saw was the slot catches a defensive end.... but I can live with that).

Bad read = you're screwed.

Good stuff!!!
Buying it.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Fixed it so you don't have to click the link anymore
Old 04-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #11
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Goodness gracious almighty!!! They fixed the triple option. Kudos EA.

The defense still looks terrible..and no not in that pro mode way...in that way that there is no sense of fundamentals, realistic footplanting, gap filling, or pass rushing technique. It will be harder on Heisman because they will cheat, but not more realistic. The animations still look funky. The graphics look excellent but the ball size is so obtrusive that it makes the player models look small and funny. From that vid, it looks like the same NCAA game as '07, just with the incremental changes we've seen.

If this game's presentation lives up to the hype and if there is a good dynasty mode, I'll buy it however. Didn't get 2010 because I didn't feel like it did enough to improve. This game is at least trying.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 03:33 PM   #12
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I like the idea of the different styles, I just hope they have a huge upgrade to the playbooks to match it.

The true Air Raid only runs a handful of plays, then uses a few adjustments of those base plays. They only use a few formations too.

The Run and Shoot is almost exclusively 4 WR and almost every route is an option route.

The plays they showed in the video are the same ones from the last few years. I just hope everything is upgraded properly.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #13
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Goodness gracious almighty!!! They fixed the triple option. Kudos EA.

The defense still looks terrible..and no not in that pro mode way...in that way that there is no sense of fundamentals, realistic footplanting, gap filling, or pass rushing technique. It will be harder on Heisman because they will cheat, but not more realistic. The animations still look funky. The graphics look excellent but the ball size is so obtrusive that it makes the player models look small and funny. From that vid, it looks like the same NCAA game as '07, just with the incremental changes we've seen.

If this game's presentation lives up to the hype and if there is a good dynasty mode, I'll buy it however. Didn't get 2010 because I didn't feel like it did enough to improve. This game is at least trying.
QFT....I just have to accept the fact that for at least this gen of consoles, these games are never going to be lifelike..other then the graphics

Hopefully it at least can be an above average "Video Game", which was what I thought the last gen games were

Just a little sad though, because I had so much hope for this game on these consoles

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

fwiw, in the Run and Shoot, usually only 1 route per play is an option route.

For "Go", the middle slot runs the seam read and bases his route off of the near-safety . The other routes in the play are "locked-in"
Old 04-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #15
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
fwiw, in the Run and Shoot, usually only 1 route per play is an option route.

For "Go", the middle slot runs the seam read and bases his route off of the near-safety . The other routes in the play are "locked-in"
Gotcha. Either way, I hope that the true system is implemented.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 34

That's probably the best video footage we have seen to date.

What I want to see eventually, is how the defense handles all of these offensive goodies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »