Home

NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview: 120 Ways To Win (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview: 120 Ways To Win (Gamespot) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #9
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview: 120 Ways To Win (Gamespot)

"During our time with NCAA 11, we managed to play a full game between our Auburn Tigers and the Michigan Wolverines. It was a matchup that featured two teams that play very similar styles of football--both run the spread and both use no huddle liberally. We were pleasantly surprised, however, to find out that the CPU Wolverines weren't running no huddle the entire game; instead, they chose the precisely correct moments to keep the momentum moving, such as after a big gain when the defensive players were tired. Having to deal not just with the problems of matchups but also the deteriorating stamina of players who have been on the field for a while lends new depth to the gameplay."

My favorite part of the preview.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Another thing that I'm excited about are the new cut scenes. This is a huge new addition imo! Hopefully now after a score or a big turnover etc. we won't see the players turn and walk back to the sidelines as if nothing happened. Rather see them now erupt on the sidelines or the team celebrating in the endzone after a score. There are lots of situations in which to implament cut scenes to make the game look even more realistic!

Last edited by MaizeHaze; 04-23-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:36 PM   #11
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

wow read this.
There are also new transition shots in between plays--such as new crowd and sideline animations, as well as on-field interactions between players (sometimes on opposite ends of the football). The authentic ESPN College GameDay television style presentation is also a big boost to the look of the game, though, as SEC fans, we couldn't help but wonder how much better things would look if the game also included "The SEC on CBS" television presentation (Full Disclosure: CBS owns CBS Interactive, of which GameSpot is a part). Considering CBS' presentation was part of last year's NCAA Basketball 11, it's no small stretch to imagine that it might be part of next year's NCAA Football 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #12
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7

If they've got a coaching carousel for dyansty mode, that'd be fantastic.. Because I, personally, don't wanna see teams running their same kind of offense 20 years in to dynasty mode, especially when they've had mulitple unsuccessful seasons without it.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:49 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam21224
"During our time with NCAA 11, we managed to play a full game between our Auburn Tigers and the Michigan Wolverines. It was a matchup that featured two teams that play very similar styles of football--both run the spread and both use no huddle liberally. We were pleasantly surprised, however, to find out that the CPU Wolverines weren't running no huddle the entire game; instead, they chose the precisely correct moments to keep the momentum moving, such as after a big gain when the defensive players were tired. Having to deal not just with the problems of matchups but also the deteriorating stamina of players who have been on the field for a while lends new depth to the gameplay."

My favorite part of the preview.
Ditto
Old 04-23-2010, 10:10 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolves9
If they've got a coaching carousel for dyansty mode, that'd be fantastic.. Because I, personally, don't wanna see teams running their same kind of offense 20 years in to dynasty mode, especially when they've had mulitple unsuccessful seasons without it.
Now that things like team entrances, espn integration and locomotion have been added, coaching carousel moves to the top of my wish list along side active coaches/coordinators on the sidelines. Two big things that I'm hoping are next to be announced!
Old 04-24-2010, 07:18 AM   #15
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I just can't believe all the info we're getting on this game right now and it's all good gameplay related stuff. Maybe they should have spread it out a little more lol. Just wait until Monday when the cd guys can talk more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 09:01 AM   #16
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I just can't believe all the info we're getting on this game right now and it's all good gameplay related stuff. Maybe they should have spread it out a little more lol. Just wait until Monday when the cd guys can talk more.
I agree, we dont seem to get this kind of info most years. I'm hoping Dynasty info leaves us with about a month of info, and the Demo takes us into the last month.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »