Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Destructoid)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Destructoid) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Destructoid)

Destructoid has posted their hands-on impressions of Madden NFL 11.

Quote:
"In designing GameFlow, Tiburon looked at NFL game film from the 2009 season to determine each team’s playcalling tendencies. From that data, they created a bank of plays for each offensive situation you might find yourself in. Say you’re playing as the Colts, and it’s 1st-and-10. If you hit A/X to use GameFlow, the computer will pick from a selection of plays that the Colts actually tended to run on 1st-and-10 last year. Of course, if you’re scoffing as you read this, fear not: you can always press X (square on PS3) to delve into your full playbook, just like the old days.

But Madden 11 even takes the extra step of encouraging old-school playcallers to use GameFlow by including a complementary “gameplanning” setup. If you shudder to think of the CPU picking a play for you, then you can go in and customize the banks of plays yourself, so GameFlow will be choosing from your list of plays. For example, if you decide that you don’t like what the Giants called on third-and-short in 2009, then you can set one to fifteen plays that you want GameFlow to pick from in that situation. Since you’re likely to have preferences among that list of plays, gameplanning includes an iTunes-style five-star weighting system -- a play with a 4.5-star rating will be chosen much more often than one with two stars. The same setup applies for defense, only the situations correspond to the formation in which the offense is lined up instead of a particular down and yardage. Best of all, you can use your gameplan online."

Madden NFL 11: Satisfying the hardcore and casual markets
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Destructoid)

"Sprint" button has finally been removed!!! Thank you Ian and the rest of the Madden team!! I have already posted a comment about this on another review and since it is in this review as well it must be true. I would bet anyone familiar with the NHL series is thrilled with this news.(I think it is in FIFA as well but I am not sure) Now all players speed will be dictated by "ratings" and not just have all the ratings fly out the window because you jam "sprint" down the second you get the ball.

This is absolutely HUGE news IMO!!!

EDIT: Now I just want to hear about a new kicking mechanic. Please bring back the old PS2 style kicking meter or anything better then we have now...
Old 04-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
MVP

According to another review there is a NEW kicking meter as well!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

^^^ go read the thread that has Gamespot's review in it. They do have a new kicking system.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #5
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Liking what I am reading. Having everything on the sticks will be nice, and removing turbo is a good idea.

Also one of the people who like the Gameflow idea and being able to pick 15 plays for certain situations is nice. Without seeing it first hand, seems you can "script the first 15 plays" as everything will be organized. You may have to jot the plays down or whatnot, but at times in the past I have had trouble finding certain plays I liked within the constraints of the ticking game clock. This will help that.

Also like hearing that Michael Young has not put in the new and improved lighting system yet. I assume this is similar to what NCAA has which looks nice. Hopefully that means progressive lighting. Not sure if that has been confirmed for NCAA as of yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

Is removing turbo a good idea? Have you ever seen Chris Johnson take the hand off, look for the hole then hit it? he definitely hits his turbo button.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #7
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falzon
Is removing turbo a good idea? Have you ever seen Chris Johnson take the hand off, look for the hole then hit it? he definitely hits his turbo button.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that sprint isn't being removed, but rather there will be an "auto-sprint" option.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falzon
Then as soon as you push the left analog stick all the way up he should accelerate into the "turbo" speed. Based on his ratings of acceleration and speed he should be able to quickly hit top speed and get in and out of cuts just like he does if you had the turbo button.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »