Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Kotaku) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 10:09 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Kotaku)

nevermind i seein the other tread you can make your own gameplan for gameflow...
Old 04-26-2010, 10:11 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10

nevermind i seein the other tread you can make your own gameplan for gameflow...yeah that was bad after reading the other 2
Old 04-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4
Gameflow is completely worthless to me.

It's going to take up whatever memory it takes up on the game disc and means that some feature that might actually add to my enjoyment of the game won't be there because, correct me if I'm wrong, EA wants to create a game experience that caters to the person who buys Madden and has NO idea how to play it. Who is that?

Regardless of who this customer is I can tell you that if you've been playing video football for more than two decades, you have to realize that the future does not include us. We are being phased out. In two years, the only Madden that comes out will be on the Wii and it'll have big cartoon player models and frilly little avatars so your girlfriends can play online.

All EA does is come up with stupid *** **** to justify coming out with a game every year.

How about running controls? Bringing back leadblocking? Stadium Music? Taking out repetitive and boring cut scenes, and speeding up the game speed? Creating a playoff environment? Creating a game that is challenging and fun?

What do we get? Gameflow, a playcalling tutorial. **** me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 11:45 AM   #12
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
"The idea of Gameflow, Cummings said, is to feel like you are a head coach who has an offensive coordinator picking the plays for you. It makes playing Madden a whole lot easier and is designed to be deactivated in stages, dropping the audio or the text, as the gamer feels more comfortable shouldering their football responsibilities."
It's a feature targeted towards inexperienced players.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #13
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Excuse me, but I don't understand what's the substantial difference between Gameflow and the traditional AskMadden feature. Can anyone point it out to me? Thanks.
Gameflow is more 'on the fly' play calling, and unlike 'Ask Madden', you can actually set a game plan before the game where it will call the plays you want it to call in the midst of 'Gameflow'.

I'm not exactly sure how it will work yet, but I think we will be able to see the differences between this and Ask Madden...
Old 04-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #14
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I believe some of the previews that are out have commented that there is a level of depth to the Gameflow feature. That said, I'm not so sure it's as cut and dry as "a feature targeted towards inexperienced players."
Old 04-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #15
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
It's certainly going to be an aid to newbs, but the gameplanning element makes it a sim-gamers dream as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #16
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I believe some of the previews that are out have commented that there is a level of depth to the Gameflow feature. That said, I'm not so sure it's as cut and dry as "a feature targeted towards inexperienced players."
Pretty much everyone has stated it's geared towards newer players. I've read about the customization and iTunes rating system. Still looks targeted towards new players. Hardcore players wanted the ability to edit their playbooks to support their play calling tendencies, not to setup a GamePlan so the AI would call the plays for them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »