Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Kotaku) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #17
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodriggo
Gameflow is completely worthless to me.

It's going to take up whatever memory it takes up on the game disc and means that some feature that might actually add to my enjoyment of the game won't be there because, correct me if I'm wrong, EA wants to create a game experience that caters to the person who buys Madden and has NO idea how to play it. Who is that?

Regardless of who this customer is I can tell you that if you've been playing video football for more than two decades, you have to realize that the future does not include us. We are being phased out. In two years, the only Madden that comes out will be on the Wii and it'll have big cartoon player models and frilly little avatars so your girlfriends can play online.

All EA does is come up with stupid *** **** to justify coming out with a game every year.

How about running controls? Bringing back leadblocking? Stadium Music? Taking out repetitive and boring cut scenes, and speeding up the game speed? Creating a playoff environment? Creating a game that is challenging and fun?

What do we get? Gameflow, a playcalling tutorial. **** me.
Yeah let's forget all about the new locomotion engine, the new dual stick control, turbo being off on default, along with the fact that not everything has been said yet about the game.

lol really don't get some of you guys...
Old 04-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #18
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodriggo
Gameflow is completely worthless to me.

It's going to take up whatever memory it takes up on the game disc and means that some feature that might actually add to my enjoyment of the game won't be there because, correct me if I'm wrong, EA wants to create a game experience that caters to the person who buys Madden and has NO idea how to play it. Who is that?

Regardless of who this customer is I can tell you that if you've been playing video football for more than two decades, you have to realize that the future does not include us. We are being phased out. In two years, the only Madden that comes out will be on the Wii and it'll have big cartoon player models and frilly little avatars so your girlfriends can play online.

All EA does is come up with stupid *** **** to justify coming out with a game every year.

How about running controls? Bringing back leadblocking? Stadium Music? Taking out repetitive and boring cut scenes, and speeding up the game speed? Creating a playoff environment? Creating a game that is challenging and fun?

What do we get? Gameflow, a playcalling tutorial. **** me.
oh no! change the way we USED to do things! ahhhh!!! *runs screaming away from anything different without even trying it*
Old 04-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #19
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Hardcore players wanted the ability to edit their playbooks to support their play calling tendencies, not to setup a GamePlan so the AI would call the plays for them.
Custom playbooks are confirmed to not be in?
Old 04-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 13

I do not understand why anyone thinks removing the "sprint" button is a good idea. The sticks on both the current gen consoles absolutely suck, they are not stiff enough or sensitive enough and this just takes more control out of the user's hands - absolutely stupid and lazy way to deal with CPU not taking proper pursuit angles.

In football, you don't always run at full speed, there are times when you are running close to it, but holding back or setting up your feet for a move and then you turn on that top gear. This makes that more difficult for the user to replicate and is the single dumbest idea ever. This isn't hockey, this is football and the analog sticks are not done well enough for this to work properly and with "sprint" being off by default that means it probally is now a turbo button instead of full sprint which it should be - dumb, dumb, dumb!!!

The "sprint" button should work within the ACC/SPD ratings and having it gives you the user more control of the players on the field - anyone who thinks that removing control from the user is a good idea is seriously without!!!

The biggest downfall of Madden on this gen is the amount of control that they removed from last gen, "cut-moves", directional stiff-arm, pass lead sensitivity slider, pre-snap defensive adjustments, custom packages, complete formation substitutions, pressure sensitive button input no longer consistent (spin move, catches), and now they are taking away even more control by removing the "sprint" and people are actually happy about it - what has become of the world of gamers - "yes, please please please take any choice I ever had away - I just want to hit x and watch the game happen for me!!!"

"You're killin me Petey!!!"
Old 04-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #21
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

^^Then turn the option for it back on when you get the game.

Problem solved. Next caller...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #22
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Custom playbooks are confirmed to not be in?
No, but there's been no talk of custom playbooks to date.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
^^Then turn the option for it back on when you get the game.

Problem solved. Next caller...

NO problem not solved because EA decided to run default off and that means that they did not fix the way the sprint worked which is what you guys should have been asking for all along!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
oh no! change the way we USED to do things! ahhhh!!! *runs screaming away from anything different without even trying it*
You're right, everything is nailed down tight, let's add an optional feature that calls plays for you?

As if having Madden suggesting plays wasn't enough, let's actually create a AI that maps them out according to last year's real life tendencies? WTF? What a collosal waste of time and disk space.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »