Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Gameinformer)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Gameinformer) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Gameinformer)

Gameinformer has posted their hands-on impressions of Madden NFL 11.

Quote:
"Running the ball isn’t the only aspect of the game the new locomotion engine improves. Receivers finally try to keep their feet inbounds when making a catch on the sidelines. Backs and receivers immediately square their shoulders and turn upfield when catching comeback passes or screens, which finally eliminates their frustrating tendency to run backwards in past Maddens.

Defenses also benefit from the new locomotion system. Cornerbacks with amazing closing speed can bait quarterbacks into throwing their way by playing loose coverage, and star defensive linemen with impressive acceleration ratings explode toward the quarterback after shedding blocks.

After playing a few games of Madden NFL 11, I can’t stress how drastically the locomotion system revolutionizes the gameplay enough. It may look like a subtle change when watching footage of the game, but once you have the controller in your hands and hand the ball off to a dangerous running back, you realize how empowering the new system is for skill players. If you’re one of the disgruntled football fans who has forsaken Madden for its past transgressions, this could be the year to jump back on the bandwagon if everything comes together."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Gameinformer)

well we know the strategy pad does everything for you without having to press triangle or circle
Old 04-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #3
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Gameinformer)

Sweet they got rid of the horrible kicking stick and went back to the old way.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 30
"After playing a few games of Madden NFL 11, I can’t stress how drastically the locomotion system revolutionizes the gameplay enough. It may look like a subtle change when watching footage of the game, but once you have the controller in your hands and hand the ball off to a dangerous running back, you realize how empowering the new system is for skill players."

- I can tell, already. It's almost like with Live 10. I thought the preview vids were great but to then get my hands on the demo and the game felt different than past year's iterations (hopefully, Live 11 will have the locomotion, controls and other things even tighter). I know this will be the same way with Madden/NCAA 11.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21
You know if you only used the right analog stick to do field goals and you didnt aim with the left it was the most realistic way to do them. I hope its an option to keep it on the right stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 03:48 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 19
With so many gamers and different concepts about what is realistic as far as movement, I''ve always called for greater CUSTOMIZATION of THEIR $60 piece of intertainment. The past 2 yrs, Madden opened up some by giving us sliders that effected a few things. Though not perfect, it is the best step towards satisfying such a broad perception of what realism is. To that, I don't understand why we couldn't have sliders similiar to Finn's 2K editor. maybe not as in depth, but at least threshold sliders that allows gamers to adjust to their liking.

-setting attribute thresholds per position
-ability to adjust arc and speed of passes
-weather effect (slips, fumbles etc....)
-adjusting fan support

Just a couple of my thoughts that would allow gamers the ability to tweak the game to their liking and minimize many ot the complaints about what each individual eye sees.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2
I actually liked the kicking stick. Kicking isn't about timing, so why go back to the three button approach that is timing based.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21
I just got done playing Head Coach 09. It has really good player models, stadiums and broadcast feel. Its an EA game and i just wonder why more of that stuff has not made it into Madden.
I cant wait to see what the Super Bowl is going to be like this year. Last years animations were good but they didnt connect well at all. Heres to hoping that the regular season also got some attention this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »