Home

ProStroke Golf: World Tour Announcement and Screenshots

This is a discussion on ProStroke Golf: World Tour Announcement and Screenshots within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #9
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: ProStroke Golf: World Tour Announcement and Screenshots

For those of you who may have missed ProStroke Golf: World Tour 2007, IGN has a ton of screen shots from the XBox version of that game. http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/800/800094/imgs_1.html

On the second page, you get to see a good many of the course creation tools. The gameplay was interesting in an inteface sense, but was dry in a presentation and atmospheric sense. They've had three years to work on it, so who knows... this may turn out to be worth something. I know the development team behind the earlier product was responsive to feedback. They know what people found lacking in the previous game.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #10
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

For those who are concerned about the screenshots presented with the press release, I'm learning today that these are "pre-alpha" screens.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:01 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 11

So this is "John Daly's Pro-Stroke Golf" now...interesting....not sure if that helps the sales but it's better than Michelle Wie' golf"! :-) Either way...with our England friends putting out a very nice "Backbreaker" demo so far maybe they can get Golf down also! EA can use the competition..geez we all can gain from that!

http://usa.og-international.net/game....asp?gameid=78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2010, 11:36 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Why would John Daly support a game like PSG? I had it for the ps2 and it got boring really quick. There was so much hype about the original PSG and like Daly's career, it failed miserably. Thr graphics were bland, commentary was dry, the course editor was user unfriendly, and they thought par 3s should be 300 yards and par 5s should be 350 yards. I call it Pro Joke Golf. Tiger is 150xs better.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:37 AM   #13
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

What a dubious choice for a front man on your golf game!? Oh well, I don't buy golf game's because of what pro golfer is on the cover; I just want a golf game that's as realistically challenging and fun as possible. They could call it Roseanne Barr Golf for all I care, as long as it had something going for it in the gameplay department.

Still, John Daly as a marquee.... that's a real head-scratcher, especially with so many up and coming stars on the European scene.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:10 AM   #14
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
What a dubious choice for a front man on your golf game!? Oh well, I don't buy golf game's because of what pro golfer is on the cover; I just want a golf game that's as realistically challenging and fun as possible. They could call it Roseanne Barr Golf for all I care, as long as it had something going for it in the gameplay department.

Still, John Daly as a marquee.... that's a real head-scratcher, especially with so many up and coming stars on the European scene.
He's probably cheaper than the up and comers
Old 05-25-2010, 03:08 AM   #15
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
He's probably cheaper than the up and comers
True, I hadn't thought about that. There's no denying he's one of those incorrigible, yet loveable figures who for this purpose would be highly recognizable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 05:54 AM   #16
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

Daly is still well known by most golf fans even the casual ones.. its a good choice imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »