Home

350,000 Played Madden NFL 10 Online Once, Then Never Went Online Again

This is a discussion on 350,000 Played Madden NFL 10 Online Once, Then Never Went Online Again within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #17
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 350,000 Played Madden NFL 10 Online Once, Then Never Went Online Again

I'd imagine online shooters have similar numbers...for most, the online environment is way too hardcore and cutthroat. so yes, focus on offline franchise PLEASE

better matchmaking would help, as well. they should implement offline singleplayer results and tendencies, as well as more esoteric things like whether or not you mess with sliders (the idea being that if you do, you more than likely play more "sim" than people who just play on default).

the hope would be that you would seamlessly and painlessly find people who play similarly to you, thereby offering a more user-friendly player experience. let the cheeser's play with each other, let the sim-heads play with each other.

more than likely though, they are going to go for COD style perks. If that's the case, I will log 0 minutes online.

Last edited by mrprice33; 04-26-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #18
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Seems a lot of people would go online simply for the roster updates.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
This.

Also, I wonder if this counts people who just went online to get roster's and never played any games online (like me).
I am pretty much right there with you! I play my cousins online and some buddies from high school, but probably only a total of 10 games. I mainly get rosters and rosters only. What I hated was the lag even playing my friends. Thats why local multiplayer, mainly offline franchise, was the life of the party with my friends and me.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:58 PM   #20
Tim Tebow has landed!

T3B0W's Arena

OVR: 22

That's a good point re: online rosters. The figure may not be as high as originally being thought.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #21
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
You wanna know why, here;

Lag, Yea...Not Really, Compared to Other Sports Game, madden probably has the least amount of Lag
glitchers, Cant Argue That
more lag
online franchise sucked, It had its problems but it was still fun
more lag
more glitchers
nano blitz, I played like 30 games online and only came across this a handful of times, it never consistent either
more lag
lack of control (applies offline as well)
more glitchers
and finally how about some lag that makes you badly miss a 20yd game
winning FG attempt!!!!
If lag was really that bad for you, I suggest ditching the 56K Modem. Quite Frankly its time to move on to Cable, it costs a little bit extra but its worth it.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #22
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Fair play needs a comeback.

Either that or there needs to be a percentage statistic for things like "goes for it on forth down" so that people can search for users to play with based on the percentage they go for it on fourth down. Would just make it easier to find games with people that play fair when your friends on your friends list aren't on...
While I agree with what you say about about fair play, I don't think that's it. People have been "cheesing" since the very first Madden went online (think it was 2004 but my memory could have failed me) so it isn't like it is a new phenomena.

Everyone has their own opinion of why this might be. My opinion is that 10 just wasn't that great of a game and we may be seeing people finally tiring of the same ol (basically) after 20yrs.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #23
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm definitely one of them. I got online and got pushed with that AFL bullcrap, had to download all of that just to get online lol... played my brother in law and the game kept crapping out on us, my first lost sadly. So we tried again and it was just a lot of lag. Everything was delayed, not just on/off lagging. So M10 all together has begun to collect dust lol
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol
Old 04-26-2010, 05:01 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

+1 for roster updates

And the lag makes it unplayable anyways.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »