Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-on Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-on Preview (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 08:43 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Picking Your Off/Def Coordinators Matter Now

will head coaches matter?

I don't think for a second that BB/Rex/Wade/etc have no say in how their defences operate play to play...
Old 04-27-2010, 08:52 AM   #18
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-on Preview (IGN)

I really hope this Gameflow feature works. I for one will enjoy creating a game plan for each week of the season in my franchise. It will give more life to the game, and more realism, again, if it works. I say if it works because Ask Madden plays never made much sense to me, they are usually horrible calls. So my hope is that the Gameflow A.I. will be smarter then the Ask Madden A.I. and actually pick a play that fits the situation.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I really hope this Gameflow feature works. I for one will enjoy creating a game plan for each week of the season in my franchise. It will give more life to the game, and more realism, again, if it works. I say if it works because Ask Madden plays never made much sense to me, they are usually horrible calls. So my hope is that the Gameflow A.I. will be smarter then the Ask Madden A.I. and actually pick a play that fits the situation.
Exactly.

I think the big difference is the Madden team studied film of each teams tendency's on different downs and yardage situations. At least, that's what a couple previewers stated for game flow.

Last edited by roadman; 04-27-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #20
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Based on everything I've read about this gameflow thing, it isn't for most of the OS crowd. It's a way to make the casual gamer to use more than 10 plays and shorten the game time by chopping out a few seconds between plays. It isn't going to stop cheesers, and it isn't going to really help anyone that already knows what they want to do, in fact it may end up annoying those people. Example - 3rd and 1 is typically a running down... but if you've been having trouble running during a game, is going to still call the run, or will it change it up because of past failures? Or... is it easier to just call it yourself and not worry about how smart it may or may not be?

Not to mention how long it'll take before the accusations of CPU cheating and comeback codes start up because following Gameflow results in a pick 6 or a sack at a crucial moment.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:16 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Raider - that last sentence is golden, mark it down cuz that's money man. Or as they'd say on Seinfeld "That's gold Jerry...GOLD!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 09:17 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD

i guess John Madden is now 100 % out of the game now..
Boom!

i like the coaches u hire affecting game calling.
thats something i never even really gave thought to.
We'd hire a coach and the team woud still feel the same cause we'd pick the plays, even tho that coach might have a totally different philosophy.

For those that use game gameflow, this willl add some much needed depth and fun to 11.
if it pans out as EA intends.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #23
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmick4324
Wow. I don't know if I'll setup my gameplan myself or allow my coordinator to work his magic. I think it would be more realistic if I let the coordinator do it and then if I decide to fire him I'd have to adapt to a different style. Not sure all I know is I can't wait to try this.
Yah, assuming it works right, it could definitely be fun to really have to think about what coaches you hire, or depending on how he does, fire. Definitely need to see this in action though!

Old 04-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 8

"The standard NFL action looked very reminiscent of last year's game." Not a comment I was looking for at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »