Home

Madden NFL 11 Video Interview: Ian Cummings Talks Dual Stick Controls

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video Interview: Ian Cummings Talks Dual Stick Controls within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 04:43 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video Interview: Ian Cummings Talks Dual Stick Controls

So what happens when I get the handoff and immediately press forward/right for the truck twist ani? Will I run into the Olineman and start to run in place til he moves or pinball thru and bounce off depending on if my back is to him when I twist?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
Rookie

jhoff7324's Arena

OVR: 1

I was just playing madden and ncaa and just realized that the spinning on the right stick was in last year as well. and also breaking someone down was there too but it was with the left stick. the only thing that is new is the leaning function. i feel like they are trying to make features that were already in this gen seem new. i dont know but i feel like im getting played.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

You have to figure tho, many people were not aware of the spining function on the sticks. I agree it was in but it has been upgraded and I'm sure they want more attention brought to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #12
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Looking good. I'm really starting to get excited about this game!!

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

First of all, I love the new fluidity of the game. It looks very good and I can't wait to test out the new gameplay.

Secondly, I haven't heard much from the devs about any new equipment besides the Nike cleats that are visible in the new vids. I'm pretty stoked about that but I still wanna know if they've gotten the new helmets in the game yet and if they have added Nike style gloves. In the video, Pierre Thomas is still wearing a DNA helmet instead of the Air XP.

One good thing I did see was that Jonathan Goff of the Giants was sporting a new RevoSpeed facemask, so hopefully this means more are making their way in.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #14

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Nice vid.

Those animations looked pretty good and fluid. Lets hope It plays like the way It looks when the game comes out.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #15
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADOW757
First of all, I love the new fluidity of the game. It looks very good and I can't wait to test out the new gameplay.

Secondly, I haven't heard much from the devs about any new equipment besides the Nike cleats that are visible in the new vids. I'm pretty stoked about that but I still wanna know if they've gotten the new helmets in the game yet and if they have added Nike style gloves. In the video, Pierre Thomas is still wearing a DNA helmet instead of the Air XP.

One good thing I did see was that Jonathan Goff of the Giants was sporting a new RevoSpeed facemask, so hopefully this means more are making their way in.
I will never understand people who nitpick different types of helmets and facemasks. I would never be able to tell when I am playing the game if someone has a different type of helmet then someone else. I can't even tell in real life. I guess I just don't pay attention.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
I will never understand people who nitpick different types of helmets and facemasks. I would never be able to tell when I am playing the game if someone has a different type of helmet then someone else. I can't even tell in real life. I guess I just don't pay attention.
It's hard to explain but I guess my question is when they do close-ups of players during an NFL game, what exactly are YOU looking at? You have to try pretty hard to not notice a player's helmet, considering it is a part of their uniform and they spend 90% of gameday with it on. Not everyone has to be an equipment junkie or understand why it's important, but it is a part of the game and it should be represented in the product (Madden 11) as it is in real life.

An lame analogy for this would be if instead of making the field lines go straight across the field as they do in real life, in-game they represented them as zig-zags or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »