Home

NHL 11 Gameplay Fixes Addressed

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Gameplay Fixes Addressed within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 11 Gameplay Fixes Addressed

EA Sports have posted an NHL 11 blog, discussing some of the gameplay fixes that will be addressed in the game.

Quote:
"Hi all, thanks for joining me for this blog on Gameplay Fixes. A little bit of a disclaimer before I get too far into it is that if you’re looking for info on NHL 11’s features, this isn’t going to be the place for it. This blog is to help identify some of the communities frustrations in NHL 10 that the dev team have worked on to ensure get cleaned up for NHL 11. The bugs I’m going to be addressing were all from the producer community chat that took place late March. During that chat session we didn’t have time to answer all the questions, so the dev team thought it’d be a good idea to let the community know our progress with cleaning up some of your issues."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NHL 11 Gameplay Fixes Addressed

Did anyone else read this? Not a ton of specific information, but I caught this nugget:

Quote:
We have reworked the poke checks a little bit, and without going into too many technical details, each player has their own “stick check” attribute which will effect poke checks and stick lifts.
Excellent.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

Hmm odd.. I never experienced some of the "bugs" listed there like players freezing in a wrist shot or the CPU not going after the puck on icing.. and so many players are underrated??? So many are overrated in the game based on the ratings!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 11:43 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

They were hesitant about the AI. Meaning it's either greatly improved or not touched.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:25 AM   #5
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Great to get some news about '11'!

The thing that caught my eye was about improving the AI controlled defense, for the cpu and User. Hopefully it will be quite a bit more aggressive.

Imo, it's a pretty good sign that EA Canada, right outta the gate, starts it's hype about '11', by talking about gameplay. And fixing issues people had with last years game. Can't wait for more info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2010, 12:27 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 24

I hope they incorporate locomotion into the engine this year. It's far too easy to stop and change directions or whatever, especially for the computer.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:46 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

I just hate when people complain about the pokecheck. It is very effective now as it should be. I can average 2.46 PPG since the latest tuner and Im not complaining about the pokecheck...

Just gotta have a high hockey IQ like me..

Puck support is key
Old 05-04-2010, 08:42 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

Agreed the only reason everyone spams the poke check is because of all the gold glove/gold skate heroes who have their balance and puck control through the roof and can't be knocked off the puck.. hence the constant poke checking... Making the poke check effective has actually made people play a more team game and pass more.. now if they changed the ratings and made checking better/more realistic then there wouldn't be so much of a need for it but it is what it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »