Home

Canadian Hockey League Confirmed For NHL 11

This is a discussion on Canadian Hockey League Confirmed For NHL 11 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83
It seems rather late in the cycle to just be obtaining logos and whatnot. I wonder if this isn't research for 2012? Maybe I'm wrong.
Are you reading the articles at all?
http://kotaku.com/5524955/nhl-11-to-feature-canadian-hockey-league
read it.
it says the guy got the email from EA sports saying they want the logos and all for NHL 11!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Canadian Hockey League Confirmed For NHL 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan188
Are you reading the articles at all?
http://kotaku.com/5524955/nhl-11-to-...-hockey-league
read it.
it says the guy got the email from EA sports saying they want the logos and all for NHL 11!
That email might have also gone out a few months ago too.
EA's exceptional at the marketing game.
This is two people 'in the loop' that have let this out of the bag. I doubt it wasn't planned.

This is why EA is so good. They know the perfect time and place to leak little nuggets.
And something tells me we'll get full blown CHL news around the NHL draft. Sweet!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:12 PM   #19
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
That email might have also gone out a few months ago too.
EA's exceptional at the marketing game.
This is two people 'in the loop' that have let this out of the bag. I doubt it wasn't planned.

This is why EA is so good. They know the perfect time and place to leak little nuggets.
And something tells me we'll get full blown CHL news around the NHL draft. Sweet!
Do you understand what I'm getting at?
Your response didn't make sense, all I'm saying is that It will be in NHL 11 before NHL 12.
Your telling me all this stuff about marketing and coming out of a bag.
I know 2 guys or girls just blurted this out but my point is it will be in NHL 11 before NHL 12.
It might not be that good at first knowing my Kitchener rangers arena won't look like the AUD at all but at least we have the CHL.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #21
Rookie

I just thought of this but....
Say John Mcfarland gets drafted. He will definitely go back to the OHL for another year. Well In NHL 11 if the OHL gets tied in with Be A Gm Mode and we can draft these players. Will Mcfarland go to the team he gets drafted by in Be A Gm mode the following year like real life or will EA Sports screw it up and Mcfarland will be drafted by a different team during the draft the next year? I hope he goes to the team he actually gets drafted by. Another thing will EA sports let you play your be a pro just for one year in OHL or WHl whatever or will u have to play all your years? and will u get to chose how many years u want to play in the OHL till u go to the NHL or AHL?

Last thing is in Be A Gm mode will I get to draft just guys from the CHL because if so that's kind of dumb, Not everyone gets drafted from CHL in the NHL, they get drafted from junior europe leagues and that league that Jack Campbell is in ( I think its USHL ?) and NCAA, and other leagues, because if there's just players from the CHL that are real and everyone else is fake players thats stupid, u might as well add all the other junior leagues ion to make it really authentic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2010, 05:55 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Will Mcfarland go to the team he gets drafted by in Be A Gm mode the following year like real life or will EA Sports screw it up and Mcfarland will be drafted by a different team during the draft the next year?
The great thing about adding the CHL is you would be able to draft based on rights. You draft a player, and obtain his NHL rights. You would be able to leave him in the Juniors until his CHL contract is finished, or until his Junior eligibility is up while being able to call him up at any point, at which point you would have to give him a 3 year ELC.(note: players that have CHL rights are not allowed to play in the AHL, either NHL or back to the Juniors.)

Quote:
Another thing will EA sports let you play your be a pro just for one year in OHL or WHl whatever or will u have to play all your years? and will u get to chose how many years u want to play in the OHL till u go to the NHL or AHL?
I would imagine this would be completely based on how high you are drafted as well as your performance in the Juniors. Some players come straight into the NHL, some spend 1-4 years in the CHL. I hope they integrate some sort of "agent" feature to communicate with your team(s).

Quote:
Not everyone gets drafted from CHL in the NHL, they get drafted from junior europe leagues and that league that Jack Campbell is in ( I think its USHL ?) and NCAA, and other leagues, because if there's just players from the CHL that are real and everyone else is fake players thats stupid, u might as well add all the other junior leagues ion to make it really authentic
Unfortunately, they would have to be computer generated names, see other NCAA games, but possibly with the real attributes of the real players so that we can edit their names and share them online. However there has been no mention or rumors of the NCAA being involved yet. What is interesting is Jack Campbell is part of the USHL, so I don't know if real names would be a possibility, but he is committed to Windsor next year actually, so a roster update may add him in.

Again, this is all hypothetical

Last edited by 06woz; 05-04-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
whats up GB? long time..

i would say just logos with the generic ea rink.. like all the other ones.
In some of the quotes that I've read, the emails said that EA would like them to send pictures of the jerseys, numbers, letters AND rinks......so it could be possible that they have accurate rinks as well....
Old 05-05-2010, 12:42 AM   #24
Pro

Lubey's Arena

OVR: 10

If they get an NCAA license I'd **** bricks. I wonder how expensive it'd be for hockey. I would think the NCAA would be happy with whatever they could get.

I've wanted to play a game as the Clarkson Golden Knights since I was about 5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »