Home

2K Sports Awards Alabama Man $1,000,000 for Perfection

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Awards Alabama Man $1,000,000 for Perfection within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

First person to throw verified perfect game in Major League Baseball® 2K10 revealed

New York, NY - May 5, 2010 - 2K Sports announced today that 24-year-old Wade McGilberry of Semmes, Alabama has won an unprecedented cash prize in the amount of $1,000,000 by being the first person to throw a verified perfect game in Major League Baseball® 2K10, the latest iteration of the popular Major League Baseball® 2K series. The special contest, which was available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft through the Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network* and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system through the PlayStation®Network*, illustrated 2K Sports' dedication to delivering vastly improved gameplay and pitching mechanics this season in Major League Baseball 2K10.

"It was actually my wife who convinced me to go for it," said Wade McGilberry, winner of 2K Sports' Perfect Game competition. "I never thought I'd actually win a million dollars playing a video game, it's all still sinking in for me." Wade threw a verified perfect game on the first day of the competition, a feat thought by many to be impossible. He went on to add, "The game itself was fantastic - I'm glad I bought it either way ¬- but I have to say, this is a nice return on my investment."

"This competition was an amazing ride for us," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "We honestly had no idea what to expect. But the incredible response from the fans and the buzz surrounding the competition was nothing that we could have ever predicted. Throwing a perfect game in Major League Baseball 2K10 is anything but easy. We congratulate Wade on his successful pursuit of perfection."

Fans were able to participate in the $1,000,000 Major League Baseball 2K10 contest beginning on March 2, 2010 at 12:01 AM PST. The competition ended on May 1, 2010 at 11:59 PM PDT. To compete, gamers had to play in MLB Today mode, select from any of the available matchups, and then choose the option to participate in the ‘MLB 2K10 contest' that automatically defaulted to the proper gameplay settings as defined by the official contest rules. Entries had to be recorded via camera or digital video recorder in compliance with guidelines provided by 2K in the official rules, and all eligible entrants had to submit a copy of their recording in its entirety for verification. Submissions were only accepted on DVD. To ensure accuracy in the verification and submission process, 2K Sports partnered with Twin Galaxies International, the worldwide authority on video game world records, and provider of scores to Guinness World Records that are published in the Guinness World Records: Gamer's Edition. On May 2, 2010, 2K Sports, in conjunction with Twin Galaxies International, began reviewing player submission videos. After a thorough review process, 2K Sports determined that Wade McGilberry was the first person to throw a verified perfect game in Major League Baseball 2K10.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, Major League Baseball 2K10 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and is now available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, WiiTM system, Nintendo DSTM and Windows PC. For more information about Major League Baseball 2K10, please visit http://www.2ksports.com/games/mlb2k10.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: 2K Sports Awards Alabama Man $1,000,000 for Perfection

I'm glad it was done on the first day. It makes me feel better about myself not trying that I had no chance of doing it. I almost can't believe it was done first day though with all of the high demands required to successfully do it. Oh and you know, there's also the whole "perfect game" part.

I hope more things leak out about this, like what teams he used, what he did on offense, how many strikeouts he had, if there were any huge defensive plays in the game, oh and of course... if we'll ever see the video on YouTube (and maybe his reaction to throwing it).

Congrats to the state of Alabama for actually doing something newsworthy!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #3
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Geez! Done on the 1st day? I never tried anyhow!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 05-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
Rookie

Gopher's Arena

OVR: 2
I agree, what pitcher did he use? Score of the game? Where's the stats?!?!?!
Old 05-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Day 1 he had to use Halladay!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #6
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
I'm glad I gave up on this as well. I did almost throw one on day two with Joel Piniero though.got to the 8th inning. I hope more stats come out as well.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #7
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
When someone completes it on the first day, it kind of smashes the perception that it's a nigh impossible feat.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 28

lol, i remember the, no one will break this, there is something rigged in the game posts. lol

Gratz to that dude, just seen the clip, just your average dude pulling in 1million on a lottery ticket .

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »