Home

Backbreaker Release Date Confirmed, June 1st for $49.99

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Release Date Confirmed, June 1st for $49.99 within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2010, 01:50 PM   #17
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Backbreaker Release Date Confirmed, June 1st for $49.99

Wait, you can preorder at Walmart for cheaper? How does that work, can you pick it up on release night maybe?
Old 05-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #18
Rookie

radatdude2's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah this is a day one purchase $44.99 for pre-order you can't beat that
Old 05-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Well, let's hope the plays are legitimately unpredictable. There's more to unpredictability in football than simply making the tackles always look different. Hopefully coverages/blocking varies at the right balance. Unpredictability is a big selling point for them, but I think that concept goes beyond Euphoria offers. My problem with that is it seems like anything beyond what Euphoria offers gameplay-wise is kind of second class.

I'm still getting it.. so far.
How long have you been on creatine? Be careful, my stomach is now jacked up because of it. I took it for about a year and a half and stopped about 5 years ago. I'm in excrutiating pain everyday, almost to tears many times, and have undergone a number of medical tests to find ways to help. So far, the doctors haven't been able to find a way to help me.

Edit-I can't wait for June 1.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #20
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I'll be buying it on day 1. Can't wait to see what they've done. I haven't followed them for the last couple of months. 3 years in development, and my interest trailed off towards the end. Glad there's a couple weeks between it and Red Dead Redemption. That would have been a tough call gaming wise.
Im with ya bro.Cant wait for either one of those titles.Red Dead,then Backbreaker FTW
Old 05-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 30
I'm actually starting to lean toward a day 1 purchase on some "Cuff it, though, like cuff it though" (an edited Jay-Z line, to the uninitiated) especially at $49 or even $45 with pre-order since Nat. Mot hasn't committed to a time frame on a demo and renting it just costs extra donuts if I end up wanting the game BUT I will predicate my purchase on what I read in the reviews before it comes out, which there will be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 02:24 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude213
Not entirely true. Aside from Euphoria, this game has a very in-depth customization tool, 2 franchise modes, training drills, and tackle alley. While this game is missing some things, I think it's going to be amazing to play. And even though we are talking about features besides Euphoria, that in itself will make this game truly shine.
The customization options do add some depth, as do the 2 franchise modes.

Gameplay wise, I guess I'll just have to reserve my judgement until the game's release.

I have to admit, Euphoria physics should be pretty awesome.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:26 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
I don't know, I get the feeling it will be very refreshing.......I want to just run the ball to see what will happen next....everything is suppose to be different...and I want to see it... I want to see if I almost make it through a hole with out, just bumping into the back of my blockers......so much stuff I want to see running the ball...

then there is passing....close up view, I feel I will have to really read the defense...and know the routes and where everyone is going......as well as making quick decisions.........or maybe I'll play Receiver and let the cpu take over with the passing, and just run routes....

then there is defense.....playing LB...and of course Safety...or even Corner... I love playing CB on Madden........so it should be interesting in this game...

and that is just with gameplay....... I wonder how I'm going to do the two season modes......one NFL season...and the other Road to BackBreaker mode...that should be fun.....

and of course there is customization....... I don't know, I can't really see myself getting bored with the game quickly or anything.......maybe frustrated if there are problems....but I doubt bored... I mean I know certain things going in....no commentary......but that is ok....I'll be too busy trying to pick my next play.
I hope you're right Afrikan.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:13 AM   #24
Banned

Highlight224's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
I don't know, I get the feeling it will be very refreshing.......I want to just run the ball to see what will happen next....everything is suppose to be different...and I want to see it... I want to see if I almost make it through a hole with out, just bumping into the back of my blockers......so much stuff I want to see running the ball...

then there is passing....close up view, I feel I will have to really read the defense...and know the routes and where everyone is going......as well as making quick decisions
Exactly! It is the unpredictability that will make each play unique, and whenever a spectacular play happens, it is YOUR spectacular play. I am so excited for short yardage plays where a power back just keeps his feet moving to get that extra yard, or a pass to a receiver that threads the needle between two defenders. Just to see it in action will be incredible and everyone will have their own personal and unique highlight reel. This could be huge for franchises where you can actually get attached to your players and the plays they make for your team. Man this game is going to be something else.

Last edited by Highlight224; 05-06-2010 at 03:14 AM. Reason: typo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »