Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Screenshots: Rory McIlroy

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Screenshots: Rory McIlroy within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Screenshots: Rory McIlroy

We have just posted some new Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 screenshots. All of them feature Rory McIlroy.
Platform: iPhone / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Screenshots: Rory McIlroy

Big deal ! No new information though. I want to see what else EA has in store for us 360 or PS3 user, besides what we already know.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:40 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 30
Seems to me like the player model featured is an improvement on 10. I could be wrong but the player models have been a BIG issue for me and has kept me from buying any current gen or even last gen Tiger games. I'm not completely a graphics whore but I just feel in this day and age, especially, great graphics should be the basic of basics in all games.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Seems to me like the player model featured is an improvement on 10. I could be wrong but the player models have been a BIG issue for me and has kept me from buying any current gen or even last gen Tiger games. I'm not completely a graphics whore but I just feel in this day and age, especially, great graphics should be the basic of basics in all games.
I see a slight improvement in the player graphics this year, even in still shots. I think where the players will be given a lot of life is in the animation of their clothes fabrics and hair, billowing and buffeting in the wind.

I don't consider myself a complete graphics whore either, but I do have a minimum standard that I think HD graphics should meet. The Tiger Woods series on my 360 have always *met* my minimum standard. Tiger Woods 10 was clearly a step up from the previous 4, IMO. The course textures looked more natural on most of the courses in TW 10, although some of the lighting didn't give them a chance. For example, Torrey Pines frequently seems to be played under pink skies, which makes the course looks like something out of a cheap cartoon.

Oh, and on other thing I've noticed about TW since the advent of Photo Gameface; most of the players I've seen created with it look more natural and believable than the licensed pros that come with the game!? Most of the pros look like wax museum models and many of them aren't animated as fluidly as my created golfer??
Old 05-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I see a slight improvement in the player graphics this year, even in still shots. I think where the players will be given a lot of life is in the animation of their clothes fabrics and hair, billowing and buffeting in the wind.

I don't consider myself a complete graphics whore either, but I do have a minimum standard that I think HD graphics should meet. The Tiger Woods series on my 360 have always *met* my minimum standard. Tiger Woods 10 was clearly a step up from the previous 4, IMO. The course textures looked more natural on most of the courses in TW 10, although some of the lighting didn't give them a chance. For example, Torrey Pines frequently seems to be played under pink skies, which makes the course looks like something out of a cheap cartoon.

Oh, and on other thing I've noticed about TW since the advent of Photo Gameface; most of the players I've seen created with it look more natural and believable than the licensed pros that come with the game!? Most of the pros look like wax museum models and many of them aren't animated as fluidly as my created golfer??
Yea, the course graphics DEFINITELY have stepped up. Ironically, I have the demo of 10 on pause, right now. Seeing this pic made me re-download the demo last night and I've been playing it rather thoroughly. I WILL be getting 11 because I've just been itching for a Tiger game but just never pulled the trigger, although I though I was getting 10 yet held off.
The biggest reason I'll be getting 11 is because of the PS3 Move. I actually bought the Wii version of TW10 for my nephew's b-day in Jan and we played it for a while and I really got into it. Was fun so I expect the Move version to be even better with advanced motion tech.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 04:44 PM   #6
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
cloth movement? I'm sold . this will be the first tiger game i'm into since 2003
Old 05-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #7
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
cloth movement? I'm sold . this will be the first tiger game i'm into since 2003
If you've sat out that long, I think you'll be in for a number of surprises then Tomba. Last year's precision putting was the greatest advance to the game since its inception, IMO... especially meterless precision putting, where you have to go by feel and the golfer animation!

Cloth and hair movement will be a life giving touch for sure. It would be even more cool if they would finally show your playing companions standing beside the tee box, or near their ball in the fairway, while you're hitting your shot, especially if their clothes and hair were flapping also! I doubt we're going to see it, but that would be such a cool, stage setting touch for selling the experience....
Old 05-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #8
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

The club head on the irons have always been to large.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »