Home

UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A

This is a discussion on UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A

The UFC Undisputed Community has posted another Q&A session with Omar Kendall, Lead Developer of UFC 2010 Undisputed.

Quote:
UFC Community: "Why do I get KO'ed so easily all the time? I think there is some fine tuning to be done to the flash KO rate. Can someone at THQ confirm that the flash KO's will be less frequent in the final game?"

Omar: "We don't really have a system called "Flash KO's." This is a term that the community has coined to identify KO's that they feel come quickly or suddenly. We do have a One-Punch KO system, and in Undisputed 2009 pre-patch they were quite common, but post-patch and in Undisputed 2010 they are extremely rare events - personally I've only had one of them occur in all the matches of Undisputed 2010 that I've ever played, so I don't believe this is what players are complaining about.

KO's are tuned differently this year, however. Essentially, heavier weight classes will have a greater occurrence of KO's than they did last year. We did this in part because we felt that there wasn't enough tactile different between the weight classes last year and in part because we felt that it more accurately reflected what happens in the real UFC. Players will notice the frequency of KO's to be much less with the lighter weight classes, and much more with heavyweights - this is intentional, but it is something that we will closely monitor once the game is released to see if tuning adjustments need to be made.

My suggestion to avoid getting KO'd so easily is to defend against head strikes better, and to not Sway recklessly."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A

so they admit basically nothing has changed with submissions, and either the final product has the KOs toned down or he's lying. Also cool they don't view Shoguns plata escape a cheat even though there is no way around it if you're caught in his guard the guy can get right up
Old 05-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21
Did that guy Omar really say "We don't really have a system called "Flash KO's." This is a term that the community has coined to identify KO's that they feel come quickly or suddenly. We do have a One-Punch KO system."

Thats almost as bad as the crap coming out of EA
Old 05-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavigatorD83
Did that guy Omar really say "We don't really have a system called "Flash KO's." This is a term that the community has coined to identify KO's that they feel come quickly or suddenly. We do have a One-Punch KO system."

Thats almost as bad as the crap coming out of EA

Yeah, Im about 80% sure "Flash KO" was the term THEY used in 2009....

I guess they can't use FLASH anymore because there are nothing FLASH about the KO's in the game...

"One Punch KO" makes sense...

But he also said it "rare" so I hope he's playing a different game than we are...
Old 05-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah that 'RARE" is BS. It happens a lot, especially with Rampage and Shogun. So I can imagine facing really heavy handed people like Brock, Carwin or Velasquez. It works with leg kicks too, so Cro Cop will be a beast this year online.

I have seen and done it many times on the demo. Make the guy miss and just do a powerful hook or head kick and it is an instant KO 4 seconds into the fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3

You dudes must be Fight Night fans? Finally we get a fighting game that plays more sim like, and you whine about it. Who wants to smash someone in the face multiple times before they fall, accept for Fight Night fans?

The man said that if you want to play arcade style punching then use the light weight dudes, and leave the heavy weights for us sim dudes.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #7
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Totally missed the point..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM RULES
You dudes must be Fight Night fans? Finally we get a fighting game that plays more sim like, and you whine about it. Who wants to smash someone in the face multiple times before they fall, accept for Fight Night fans?

The man said that if you want to play arcade style punching then use the light weight dudes, and leave the heavy weights for us sim dudes.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

There is nothing sim by knocking somebody out 4 seconds into the fight........Even the Bloodsport guy in real life never knocked somebody out that fast......and neither did anybody in the UFC.

There is nothing sim about bursting out of submission attempts with no struggle either......

Have you seen Brock, Carwin or Cain KO somebody with one punch thrown ONLY in the UFC ? No you haven't. Have you seen them burst out of subs instantly ? No you haven't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »