Home

UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A

This is a discussion on UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 28
the flash k-o's are no problem,why complain?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #26
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer23
Um because many people see them as a problem.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
The problem is nearly every fight in the demo ends with a one strike knockout. TKOs are rare when in real life they're more common.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #28
Strategy

OVR: 36
how has the career mode changed from last year. do you still have to use the stupid logos all over the shorts to get better. that was so wack.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #29
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
The problem is nearly every fight in the demo ends with a one strike knockout. TKOs are rare when in real life they're more common.
I dont even mind that i mind that after someone has missed the 40th big hook or haymaker they still have the power to ko you. stamina doesnt deplete fast enough for wild big strikes. i can see jabs missing and not taking much energy, because in mma jabs are usually just range finders and arent thrown to connect much. but the big shots that miss should be punished much more with stamina, not just the ability to be countered.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 21
Quote:
I just think its funny that he says No we dont have Flash KO's we just call it something else. One punch knock out or Flash KO its the same thing. Its almost an insult to the gamer, they just wanted to use their own term for it.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavigatorD83
I just think its funny that he says No we dont have Flash KO's we just call it something else. One punch knock out or Flash KO its the same thing. Its almost an insult to the gamer, they just wanted to use their own term for it.
Within the context of the game these are two different things?

'Flash KO' is an early knockout.. before a fighter has received much damage. Not always a 'fluke KO' but an unusually short KO compared to the 'average' amount of a damage a fighter needs to inflict before a KO.

The term 'flash KO' was used in the 2009 iteration to describe the end of a fight by KO before the traditional amount of damage to cause a KO was reached. They were entirely random and fairly rare.

A 'one punch knock out' is exactly what it sounds like and doesn't distinguish between the amount of damage inflicted up to that point. You can have a one punch KO that is functionally a 'flash KO' and also have a 'one punch KO' at the end of a 5 round war in which a fighter was absolutely punished and sustained an incredible amount of damage.. and that wouldn't be a 'flash' KO.

set:subset relationship

Regardless of this distinction in the terms I think the problem most people dislike is the lack of variation in finishes... too many lights-off finishes compared to how real MMA fights end (dropped, scramble, finish on the ground, ref intervenes, etc.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 3

OMG, did I just see Machida get basically KO'ed by one big punch in the first round? Not 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, or 10; but 1 single blow? Wow, that just does not seem realistic at all. Man, we need to contact Dana White and complain because one punch KO's should not happen that frequently. He should have sustained damage from at least 4-20 blows to the head before he fell. I am tired of the UFC trying to please the casual fans by allowing 1 punch KO's in real life, and in the demo!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »