Home

NHL 11 Gameplay Fixes Addressed

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Gameplay Fixes Addressed within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2010, 12:12 AM   #25
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: NHL 11 Gameplay Fixes Addressed

Good to see some early news on NHL.

What I'd like to see is more discrepency between teams' play styles. Right now offline, most of the games against the CPU play out the same way. There's really only a couple of teams that I can think of that actually play close to their real-life counterpart.

Give each team more of its own identity and I think that will help make the game feel less scripted.

Aside from that, I'm good with some tweaks to dump-and-chase and checking (still too powerful). I'm a casual fan and player but I really enjoy this series.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2010, 03:46 AM   #26
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikker
they really just need to up the aggressiveness of the defenders by about 200%
I agree Tikker.

That's one of the main things game play wise, I hoping for with '11'.

Being able to skate from end to end on nearly every rush up ice just isn't very realistic. If nothing else...I'm hoping maxing out the aggression sliders will do the trick with this years game.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:55 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Hopefully the issues that have prevented me from continuing my Be A GM are corrected: scouting assignments during the playoffs freezing the game (found a way to work around this, but it shouldn't be there), my free agents not signing (nor rejecting offers) until right before the next season begins (again, I've worked around it by waiting until right before the next season begins, but it I shouldn't have to), the off-season free agent pool only being populated by my free agents after that 5-day exclusive period, and (ultimately), not being able to sign any free agents during the next season as it freezes the game (I can get around this by not signing any free agents at all, but I have holes to fill). I assume that since these issues weren't addressed in a patch and have more-or-less been ignored (I'm not the only one experiencing them), they will be corrected in NHL '11.

I haven't played NHL '10 much since I've been frozen out of my Be A GM. I like Be A Pro, but I was really getting into Be A GM.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:28 PM   #28
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

If it's not too much trouble Kestrel, write up those GM mode bugs as clearly and with a much detail as possible then PM it to me. I'll take it along to the CD event. I may put up a GM/BAP feedback thread as well.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:57 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33

i really like the game as is, but until shot totals for the CPU climb it's nearly unplayable once you get the controls down and hone your skills...
What kind of shot totals are you seeing? I play on SS and I'm seeing FAR too many shots by the computer!

I play 20 min periods as well.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #30
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel
Hopefully the issues that have prevented me from continuing my Be A GM are corrected: scouting assignments during the playoffs freezing the game (found a way to work around this, but it shouldn't be there), my free agents not signing (nor rejecting offers) until right before the next season begins (again, I've worked around it by waiting until right before the next season begins, but it I shouldn't have to), the off-season free agent pool only being populated by my free agents after that 5-day exclusive period, and (ultimately), not being able to sign any free agents during the next season as it freezes the game (I can get around this by not signing any free agents at all, but I have holes to fill). I assume that since these issues weren't addressed in a patch and have more-or-less been ignored (I'm not the only one experiencing them), they will be corrected in NHL '11.

I haven't played NHL '10 much since I've been frozen out of my Be A GM. I like Be A Pro, but I was really getting into Be A GM.
Yes, BAG definitely needs to be de-bugged for 11. I'm still mad about losing my Avs BAG.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-09-2010, 11:51 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
What kind of shot totals are you seeing? I play on SS and I'm seeing FAR too many shots by the computer!

I play 20 min periods as well.
LOL!! I think you answered your own question. TWENTY MINUTE periods would be the reason... I play 9 minute periods... You are probably in a small minority of people who I even know play 20 min. periods.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 03:10 AM   #32
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I play 9 minute periods...
I use 9 minute periods too Mk.

And for the most part, I get pretty accurate stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »