Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online Review

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online Review within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 5
Nope EA has lost my money. Thanks, now I can teach my little girl to play golf and avoid videogames. Trickling affect.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:58 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by starship
Hundreds, if not thousands, of people cannot join because their credit cards are rejected by EA's billing system. And EA insists that, despite the fact that every other vendor on God's green Earth accepts their card with no problem, that the prospective member must be a crook and only they are smart enough to rig a billing system to reject them.

And if you want to use PayPal for a membership, forget it: credit cards only.

As far as the game itself: I shot a 43 at Wolf's Creek. That's 29 under par! And I left a couple of strokes on the course! This game does has a certain fun factor to it, but it is NOT GOLF!!

I give it a 2.
Just a tad of misinformation....hundreds if not thousands? There is a thread in the TWO forums dedicated to this issue and is 14 forum pages long with an average of 14 posts per page many posts of which are posts from the same user. EA recognizes the issue and is working on it. And they are not accusing anyone of being a crook. How ridiculous.

Pay Pal is coming.

-29 from the Gold (Ladies) tees in calm soft conditions with 3-click is certainly nothing special. Try playing TrueSwing in Breezy wind, hard/fast greens and fairways and long rough and come back and tell us what you scored...won't be anywhere remotely near -29....
Old 05-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Just a tad of misinformation....hundreds if not thousands? There is a thread in the TWO forums dedicated to this issue and is 14 forum pages long with an average of 14 posts per page many posts of which are posts from the same user. EA recognizes the issue and is working on it. And they are not accusing anyone of being a crook. How ridiculous.

Pay Pal is coming.

-29 from the Gold (Ladies) tees in calm soft conditions with 3-click is certainly nothing special. Try playing TrueSwing in Breezy wind, hard/fast greens and fairways and long rough and come back and tell us what you scored...won't be anywhere remotely near -29....
Coming from someone who has played this game almost everyday since beta, I can say it's a ridiculously easy game. Even with TrueSwing, people are scoring -20 or better on many courses. Anything under -12 is just getting a little ridiculous for only one round of a golf course.

Overall, I really like the concept, but the game itself reminds me too much of the old Tiger Woods games that were too ridiculously easy. Did you guys know that as you earn money, you can use it to buy more putt previews? I have 15 putt previews to use. I can seriously use about one per hole to see exactly where the ball is going to go after the putt.

The game itself is easy as anything I've ever played. It's not only easy, it's deprived of many basic customizations that should be a given (female characters, facial/body customization, more items, etc) for a game that costs $60/years (Yes folks, it costs the same price as those much better console versions).

Overall, I give it a 6.5. The goods news is that it only has room to improve, because they update and add features almost every Tuesday. Starting it out at an 8, for a game that needs so much work, is a little high. For a game that's ever evolving, I don't see this game ever exceeding an 8, simply based on the gameplay itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acedeck
For a game that's ever evolving, I don't see this game ever exceeding an 8, simply based on the gameplay itself.
I guess that remains to be seen when they begin tweaking 3-click and TrueSwing difficulty in the very near future....it is on the agenda....can't really argue with the rest of your post....
Old 05-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #13
Staff Writer

OVR: 29
i gave it a high score because of innovation - the online sponsoring of golfers and tournaments is a step in a positive direction for online gaming (both consoles and pc). Very creative.

Don't get it twisted. I am also very critical of EA and their marketing exploits such as Madden, NCAA and others. The blogs, the video previews, and featured gimmicks disgust me and rarely prove a groundbreaking feature. Read my critical views in previous OS articles here: http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=746
Old 05-15-2010, 02:58 PM   #14
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

No innovation here.. Sorry.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
No innovation here.. Sorry.
LOL....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2010, 05:30 PM   #16
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10
I tried it out for about a week during the beta period and it was just flat out boring and not worth paying for at all imo. When I saw 30+ people with scores of -20+ at pebble beach I literally laughed. I would rather play 08 on pc or on consoles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »