Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Blog: Shot Focus

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Blog: Shot Focus within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2010, 12:05 AM   #9
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Blog: Shot Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
You guys should read the entire thread....there is alot of good information being discussed about this feature.
Good suggestion Divot... it was from reading a response in the thread from another EA Developer, Christian Brandt, that Putt Previews would NOT be available in Tour Pro mode.

Quote:
I am getting more and more excited about it for TOUR Pro.
I'll have to see how this plays out before I can form an opinion on it that means something. At first reading, it seems like a dynamic strategy point, but I'm trying to find a real life analog for it and I can't so far.

Quote:
My understanding also is that you will have a choice in how you build your character attributes in TW11....IOW, when you want to add attributes, you can add them to one specific skill area if you like.
Anthony paved the way for this being his next blog entry. From reading the achievements for the game, it sounds like TW 11 PS3/360 will be following something resembling TWO's leveling up model. I'll have to see how that possibility works in conjunction with the 11 attribute system.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:53 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunjuan2000
Are they getting rid of dynamic attributes ? I like the idea of the better you play, the better you get, or vice versa.. Being able to add attributes makes the game a lot easier and I want my play to decide it for me. If I know a course like Firestone is coming on the schedule in season mode, I shouldn't be able to add points to driving distance so I can reach 16 in 2.
More on Attributes coming in a near future blog and yes there are some changes that I think most of you will like.....
Old 05-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #11
Rookie

BLB34's Arena

OVR: 5

Sounds like they are making some good improvements, but I was hoping they would do away with tying attribute bonuses to items in the pro shop. From the blog it looks like they are still doing this (boo!).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLB34
Sounds like they are making some good improvements, but I was hoping they would do away with tying attribute bonuses to items in the pro shop. From the blog it looks like they are still doing this (boo!).
Stay tuned for more on this and I think you will like the new direction they are going with the Pro Shop and Attributes....
Old 05-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by csfan20
My question is is there any way to gain focus back?
yes

playing well without using the cheap power boosts or ball spin are ways of regaining shot focus.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-16-2010, 01:13 AM   #14
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

I've been putting some scattered details together, trying to get an idea about what might be in store for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (PS3/Move) owners, come October. Here's what I've been able to assemble... picture this:

1.) You're standing in your living room with gripping your Move with an overlapping or interlocking grip.

2.) You've got a real golf ball 2" inside your left heel as a visual aid with which to sight the invisible extension of the Move.

3.) Up on your 55" HDTV, you're looking down at your cyber golf ball from your cyber-golfer's virtual eyes as you're setting your address.

4.) You've got the game set for "True Aim" ; you're going to have to rely on your virtual golfer's line of sight, so you toggle the controller to take a quick look down the fairway and line up, with the perimeter of your aiming circle gnawing at you to play it a little safer than your Tiger Woods 10 mindset would have you.

5.) You address the ball again and start your backswing, looking down at your real golf ball at your feet, taking the Move back to your natural backswing stop position.

6.) You start your downswing trying to remain conscious of your swingpath, clubface angle, clubhead speed, and impact point. You keep your eyes fixed on the real ball until after you've made impact.

7.) Then you gaze up at the screen and watch as the ball ascends to the heavens on its way to its destination, but because you've selected "True View", you're not taken away from the golfer's perspective view early during its ascent. No, you continue to watch it after it's descent has ended before you're taken to a cut-view showing it come to rest.

8.) Once you've reached the green, you have to rely on your ability to read the topography of the green because you've opted to have the grids off. You've also opted for "meterless" putting, so you have to rely on your own tactile senses to excute the putting stroke with the desired line and speed.

9.) Finally, you watch your 20 foot putt as it begins it journey via your virtual golfer's, True View eyes, seeing every nuance of the break and the roll as it metriculates towards the hole. You can't quite see from the angle how close the ball is to the hole and you're wondering... did I give it enough? Suddenly, the ball is eclipsed by the hole as descends to the bottom of the cup..... could this vision really come to pass?

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 05-16-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:10 AM   #15
MVP

It will for the Wii version, hopefully the PS3 Move will give us that and possibly more....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #16
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Glad to finally get some good info on the game!

I'm not sure I like the idea of Shot Focus in tour pro mode. It could make for some very interesting decisions in the game, but I don't see how it is realistic. I'll keep an open mind on it though and see how it plays out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »