Home

Fight Night Round 5 Wishlist: The Changes That Need To Be Made (TrueGameHeadz)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 5 Wishlist: The Changes That Need To Be Made (TrueGameHeadz) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Fight Night Round 5 Wishlist: The Changes That Need To Be Made (TrueGameHeadz)

TrueGameHeadz have posted their changes that need to be made to the next Fight Night.

Quote:
"Fight Night Round 5″ had better have some kind of AMPED UP presentation in all areas of the game, but in the Legacy mode in particular. For example, Make the main hub an ESPN central zone, or maybe have a digital boxing show that talks about titles exchanging hands, up and coming fighters, and retired fighters. It’s “next generation,” you can do it EA! I want the Pay Per View events’ presentation to really stand out from my Friday Night Fights matches. Have cut scenes of George Foreman and Max Kellerman talking at ringside. Give me the tale of the tape (which “UFC” managed to include). Give me presentation of the whole card. Tell me about the undercard; who’s fighting, if they are up and coming. Include some cut scenes of movie stars in attendance, and maybe even a future challenger in street clothes who is watching your fight to scout you, or to be interviewed about an upcoming fight. Make “Round 5″ as much like a real life P.P.V. event as possible, something that someone would pay to watch."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

Re: Fight Night Round 5 Wishlist Article...MUST READ

That is a great list; however, I wouldn't hold my breath for any of those things to make it into the next game. It seems like boxing games progress far slower than other sports games.

The thing I thought about before I ever read the article is that I want boxers to have different personalities. The next game needs to have the fighters that talk trash, the ones that are humble, the ones that only fight if the money's right, the ones that will fight whenever and whoever, the ones that stay away from certain styles of fighters- just incorporate as many different personalities as possible.

There needs to be a living, breathing boxing world going on besides just what you, the player, is doing. I'd like to see two fighters talking sh*t to each other and then sign for a big pay-per-view fight where you'd want to watch it unfold even though you're not actually fighting in it. I'd also like to see managers having to negotiate deals instead of you just selecting who you want to fight. You want to get that first title fight? Well, too bad because your manager can't close the deal so you'll need to fire him and pay more for a better manager (which would also give you more to do with the money you make).

Anyway, didn't mean to ramble but I love boxing but even the newer games don't have some of the things that make boxing unique/great. The actual boxing/gameplay is better but I get tired of seeing every fighter throw 200 punches a round- I know EA does this for excitement but it's too "arcady". I would compare the present Fight Night gameplay to a game like NCAA Football if EA changed NCAA so that the majority of games would be decided 100-90 just because it creates more action. Most boxing matches don't have that much action; most come down to one guy trying to out think his opponent. Ok, I'm through... I just want to finally get a game that really represents boxing in, and out of, the ring.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

So he wants the 2K5 of boxing? I wish. Maybe 2K can actually do it.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
Rookie

they need a major facelift for the career mode.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
Rookie

we need the team who made the NFL franchise to sweat the details
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #6

OVR: 34

I think there is a myth that all these games need is ESPN presentation and the experience would be greatly heightened. Something that NFL 2K5 did was introduce a major sports brand (ESPN) like we have never seen before. It wasn't just a screen overlay either. They accomplished a lot with how they incorporated ESPN.

Ever since then, and specifically with EA (because they landed the deal with ESPN), we have wanted to see that done in sports games across the board. However, consider a game like EA's NCAA Basketball. They implemented ESPN presentation and now they aren't making the game anymore. That's not all on the incorporation of ESPN, but it does show if the game is lacking it's going nowhere.

Personally, I think a Friday Night Fights type feel would work great, but not every fight. Make it something to look forward to. But that's not going to cut it either. There has to be a seamless feel in the experience that incorporates a fresh look every time you play. the way to do this can be seen in again looking at 2K Sports and what they have done with NBA and MLB 2K. On a fighter's entrance, have the commentator mention his record. Talk about when he fought last. Even during the fight, have the commentator pull up a fighter's tendencies.

This is where the game has to go deeper. Slapping ESPN on it isn't the answer.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:47 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I think there is a myth that all these games need is ESPN presentation and the experience would be greatly heightened. Something that NFL 2K5 did was introduce a major sports brand (ESPN) like we have never seen before. It wasn't just a screen overlay either. They accomplished a lot with how they incorporated ESPN.

Ever since then, and specifically with EA (because they landed the deal with ESPN), we have wanted to see that done in sports games across the board. However, consider a game like EA's NCAA Basketball. They implemented ESPN presentation and now they aren't making the game anymore. That's not all on the incorporation of ESPN, but it does show if the game is lacking it's going nowhere.

Personally, I think a Friday Night Fights type feel would work great, but not every fight. Make it something to look forward to. But that's not going to cut it either. There has to be a seamless feel in the experience that incorporates a fresh look every time you play. the way to do this can be seen in again looking at 2K Sports and what they have done with NBA and MLB 2K. On a fighter's entrance, have the commentator mention his record. Talk about when he fought last. Even during the fight, have the commentator pull up a fighter's tendencies.

This is where the game has to go deeper. Slapping ESPN on it isn't the answer.
Yes, you hit the nail on the head. EA presentation in there sports games are truly lacking. The little detail 2KSports/Visual Concepts add to their games that brings sort of a realism to some of their sports games.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

People on these forums have been begging for better presentation from all EA sports games for years and haven't got it because quite honestly they don't give a rats behind about it. Madden, Live, TW pga tour, fight night, fifa are all examples of their poor implementation of presentation.

The guy who wrote the article has some really great ideas but i honestly tell yall without a shadow of a doubt that you will NEVER see those things in an EA sports game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »