Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #9
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Love the new additions (True Aim is awesome), and the new graphics, especially the player models, are very, very nice.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Ryder Cup is addicting.

Myself, the player models look odd, the colors seem off on the clothing. But thats cool..the gameplay is pretty good.

Picking this up on release day.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 18

True Aim is the real deal! I had 2 birdies and a bogey my very last time playing the 3 holes (played around 10 times) and it felt pretty damn good. True Aim makes this game so much more rewarding.

Don't know about the rest of you, but putting seems extremely difficult this year. Cloth movement looks great.

What is the word on True Aim use online? It says something about it not being used in online H2H matches... that would be a pretty big let down.

All in all, the game seems a lot more polished.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 09:22 PM   #12
L*st M*n R*nn*ng

Blaise's Arena

OVR: 14

True Aim nice, def going to take a while to get used to it. Putting was way harder, the follow through was much more important than last yrs
Old 05-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 30
Played it a lil since it took so long to download and then the C's/Magic was already on but I'm disappointed with the player models. They still look the same. I don't get that part, EA.

Gameplay wise, didn't get too into it. Was on the phone and didn't turn on True Aim. I thought it would be defaulted. Maybe I'll play some more later after the game and after some more Red Dead...maybe...
Old 05-18-2010, 09:49 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

True Aim made playing video game golf enjoyable again. It's like being out there. Still had an issue working the camera, but it'll get better in due time. Would have been nice playing 9 holes instead of 3, so it'll make it worth the wait. I am glad they added Liberty National. Will make the FedEx Cup a lot better having the correct courses, assuming they still have TPC Boston, Cog Hill, and East Lake.

Ryder Cup mode is very addicting. First time I played it, the score was 6-6. Being Team USA meant we retained the Cup. Next time will try Europe to steal it away. Will be a lot better when the full version comes out.

Will be preordering tomorrow, that's for sure.

Way to go EA!
Old 05-18-2010, 10:52 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

I will give EA props on this demo. I really really enjoyed this. LOVE true view. I liked seeing yardage markers in the fairways.. didnt notice OB markers though.

The swing still doenst require any sort of tempo. I did them fast and slow but never noticed a difference with it. I did enjoy looking at my swing path with the analog stick and notice that on tour pro if its was a little off you would notice this in the ball flight. All in all color me impressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 01:18 AM   #16
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

Played the PS3 demo a bit tonight before popping in RDR.. It was better than I expected but I was also disappointed.

I realize the textures are like they are due to trying to keep the file size down and thats fine. I will give a pass there.

The player models looked better.

I liked the moving clothes but there is just something telling me that the movements arent based off of anything other than a looping animation. The movement didnt change based off of wind direction or speed nor did the golfers movement have an impact on their clothes either. Maybe this is also like the textures and was just cut down to keep the demo size down I dont know.

Changing the camera options didnt change anything.. Both follow and presentation views used the same camera.

Soon as I started the demo I put it on Tour Pro and I birdied 5 of the 9 holes I played ( 2 bogies and 2 pars ). I bogied the first 2 holes before I figured out the putting.

The one thing I enjoyed were the GPS yardage markers on each hole. I have been wanting that in golf game forever.

Overall.. Not that impressed with the demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »