Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

I loved the demo, it had an entirely different feel than any other tiger woods golf game I have played and Ive played alot of them! It had more of a simulation feel to it thank goodness, great sounds, great ball physics and I like the grass moving in the wind as well. Speaking of wind, variable wind speeds made things a little more difficult and I dont see how people are scoring birdies out right of the bat, I was double bogey and bogey until I got used to the putting then it is still not easy to score on this game. It takes good shots to score well and I cannot express how great it is for this to be in the game finally. True view is my new way of life...cant wait to pick up the full version
Old 05-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #18
Rookie

TheArsenologist's Arena

OVR: 6
I hope in the final version there is a percentage XP boost depending on what difficulty you're using. For example, in Forza 3, you get a bonus depending on what driving assists you have on / off and how difficult you have the A.I. set. Right now, I find it kind of odd that you can GIR are worth the same in Beginner as they are in Tour Pro. There needs to be an incentive for the player to step up to the higher difficulties. Otherwise, people are going to just get all of their XP on beginner / amateur.

Other than that, though, this is a very addicting demo. I hate it when my 3 holes are over. The Ryder Cup is going to be a blast.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:34 AM   #19
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

True View is supposed to be first person is it not? Its not working for me. My settings are tour pro + true view but I get the behind the golfer view.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #20
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Love the demo. I like how the presentation of the game is more realistic. You don't have those huge cheers like in PGA 10 anymore, you make a putt you get a quick "yea" then you get the claps. No more dumb little cutscenes of your guy running away or throwing your club for not making a good shot.

I like how the pre-shot cutscenes merge seemlessly and beautifully into the shot, no more black fade in. The sounds of the shots are more realistic too, it doesn't sound arcadey like it did on PGA 10.

The True Aim is amazing, but is in my opinion, really hard to get used to but it is fun once you find your swing.

Like others have said, being able to choose your difficulty and settings is amazing, although the only thing that pisses me off year after year if the lack of a left handed golfer. I'm left in really life and playing right handed I can't judge lies, shots, fades/draws, etc very well as I could with left handed golfer >

The Ryder Cup is fun, but I hate skipping every single CPU shot... I just want to get to my shot.

The thing that I'm the MOST in love with is the new Focus Mode. YAY! No more people online making every single putt in Alternate Shot! Focus mode has forever changed the way this game will be played that's for sure!

Great job EA can't wait for the full version!
Old 05-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #21
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
Changing the camera options didnt change anything.. Both follow and presentation views used the same camera.
From what I've seen, if you're using "True Aim", it overrides whatever camera choice you've selected and uses its own Camera. It's nor really the True View camera the Wii uses because it's not through your golfers eyes during the swing. It's more like Tiger Wood Online's (PC) camera called "True View" in the way it works, but it doesn't cut to a downrange camera to show the ball on the final stages of its trek. I wish that it would because as it stands, you spend too much time looking at scene in which you can't see that ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #22
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
True View is supposed to be first person is it not? Its not working for me. My settings are tour pro + true view but I get the behind the golfer view.
If you'll notice, EA Sports hasn't connected the term "True View" with the PS3 and 360 versions of the game... at least not that I've seen. When you select "True Aim", you get a camera that's unique and has some similarities to the "True View" videos we've seen of the Wii version. I'm thinking that the PS3 should have it eventually, at the very least. The reason being that when the Move releases this Fall, TW 11 PS3 is going to support it. True View (in the Wii sense of the term) seems to be an integral part of the motion controller experience.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 05-20-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:49 PM   #23
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

I see.. Was wondering because one of the tips in game was playing golf in a first person view. I guess I will have to wait until prostroke golf is out to get that view.

I also see that EA continues to have a problem with lining the driver up properly to that ball at impact and sometimes a club swing over top of the ball missing it completely ( happens alot when the ball is below your feet ). Minor annoyances that have been around far to long.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #24
Me?

shon's Arena

OVR: 5

The swing feels better but it still needs momentum, I can't help but compare to Links 2004 which I still play and it is still a little off. The putting for me was tough because I had an 8 foot putt and my back swing was pretty small but the putt just took off and it just felt a bit off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »