Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Requires Code for Online Play (Pastapadre, Destructoid)

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Requires Code for Online Play (Pastapadre, Destructoid) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2010, 11:33 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 16
I'm sure Sony and MS don't mind because they claim they are "offering bonus content" with the promotional code. We all know they aren't offering anything different than they would've done before.

*waves* Bye Gamestop. It was nice while it lasted.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:50 PM   #10
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Requires Code for Online Play (Pastapadre, Destructoid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
People better complain about this too. There was a 500 post thread hating on EA for doing this exact thing.

I'm waiting....
This...i was got caught in that argument (defending the developers).
Old 05-20-2010, 12:31 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19

There goes the idea of renting the game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 12:46 AM   #12
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
So far EA, Ubisoft, and THQ have announced some form of an online code system. I expect a lot more companies to follow.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:09 AM   #13
MVP

Trevelyan's Arena

OVR: 5

I was going to buy this game, but I was already wavering on it because I don't think they did enough to freshen the game up, so after this BS I'm going to cancel my pre-order tomorrow.

I know a bunch of people will put up with crap like this no matter what, and don't care that they screw up future decisions that developers/publishers make, but I won't be a part of it. (For example, a $15 map pack for MW2, that 3 million+ people have bought, which means all DLC prices are going way up)
Old 05-20-2010, 01:11 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
There goes the idea of renting the game...
If they are doing it like EA does I see no problem in trying it first:
From EA Page
Do I need to purchase an Online Pass when I rent a game?
Each Xbox LIVE gamertag or Sony PSN ID is entitled to a free 7 day trial per title. Beyond that, users will be required to redeem or purchase Online Pass access.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:28 AM   #15
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelyan
I was going to buy this game, but I was already wavering on it because I don't think they did enough to freshen the game up, so after this BS I'm going to cancel my pre-order tomorrow.

I know a bunch of people will put up with crap like this no matter what, and don't care that they screw up future decisions that developers/publishers make, but I won't be a part of it. (For example, a $15 map pack for MW2, that 3 million+ people have bought, which means all DLC prices are going way up)
just curious, why does this make you all the sudden not want to buy the game? If you buy the game, you get a code with the game so you'll have nothing to worry about. This only really effects people who buy the game used and i guess this is a way to encourage people to buy it new instead of waiting to buy it cheaper used. This was theyre still getting their money even if you buy it used for a lower price. But if you buy it new you get the code and can play online no problem so i dont know why this of all things would make you all the sudden decide to not preorder the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 01:34 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 5
REASONS WHY THIS IS HAPPENING:

1. Many gamers are addicted. Look a the tobacco industry. Most people just cannot quit cold turkey because of years of addiction and thus will make any excuse on why the companies should nickle and dime you.
WHY?
a)The younger you are the more easily manipulated you are. So essentially anyone early 20's and lower will have a harder time quitting and saying no to companies.
b) Intelligence plays a big part in this. The higher IQ person is more likely to differentiate right from wrong in the business world and outside.

2)Used games offer price competition. Anyone notice game companies don't compete price wise. It's cohesion but legal because corporates can do what they want. Used games are essentially price competition and logically new games should have lowered their price to compete.
The last time their was a price competition in the game industry EA bought the NFL license and ended it.Remember NFL2k series was 20 bucks and Madden started dropping its price to 40 and eventually 30 dollars.

3) When you buy a game should you not have a right to resell it? Like a used car. Like a house. Like a ( fill in the blank)

4) Essentially you cannot trade/lend/borrow games from your friends and family.

5) Game companies are not losing money. Essentially the person who buys the game originally already paid for the online service. He sells the game and simply extends the games life. It is not adding any extra strain on the game companies part.

6) Sports games need to stop the roster updates. Clearly Madden buyers are addicted. The game has made very little improvements and is still behind NFL2k5. That's six years ago.

WHAT TO DO? SAY NO STOP PURCHASING AND THEY WILL STOP THIS AND THE DLC BULL CRAP!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »