Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Requires Code for Online Play (Pastapadre, Destructoid)

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Requires Code for Online Play (Pastapadre, Destructoid) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #25
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Requires Code for Online Play (Pastapadre, Destructoid)

This the type of crap that makes you want to boycott thing...

Im buying the game no doubt but this will open of doors for other companies to try this...

As of now, online play is the strong point of many games(not really saying much) while offline play is left untouched, shorthanded, or flawed in AI...

Basically if you dont buy "our" game you are shorthanded and F you for not buying...

I wonder how much will they charge for the code? anything over $5 is

Oh and not only do I have to pay to have access online(MS) I have to pay even more to play online with a rented/used game??? CRAZINESS

My Xbox live membership was over almost 2weeks ago, they are still trying to charging a old card with no money on it, but my access to xbox live is still working() and after this post they prolly will cut it off but I am not in a rush to pay them after this news...

I know one thing for sure is that there better not be any lag or cheats going on online if they trying to charge second hand buyers...

Last edited by Jukeman; 05-20-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 09:29 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
This the type of crap that makes you want to boycott thing...

Im buying the game no doubt but this will open of doors for other companies to try this...

As of now, online play is the strong point of many games(not really saying much) while offline play is left untouched, shorthanded, or flawed in AI...

Basically if you dont buy "our" game you are shorthanded and F you for not buying...

I wonder how much will they charge for the code? anything over $5 is

Oh and not only do I have to pay to have access online(MS) I have to pay even more to play online with a rented/used game??? CRAZINESS

My Xbox live membership was over almost 2weeks ago, they are still trying to charging a old card with no money on it, but my access to xbox live is still working() and after this post they prolly will cut it off but I am not in a rush to pay them after this news...

I know one thing for sure is that there better not be any lag or cheats going on online if they trying to charge second hand buyers...
I thought the same thing a year ago, BUT they will charge your new credit card number - regardless of whether or not you have updated it. If they have something on file, they will charge it. I think they might just guess the expiry date. I would call them and cancel and remove any credit card information from your account.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #27
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAdrianPI
REASONS WHY THIS IS HAPPENING:

1. Many gamers are addicted. Look a the tobacco industry. Most people just cannot quit cold turkey because of years of addiction and thus will make any excuse on why the companies should nickle and dime you.
WHY?
a)The younger you are the more easily manipulated you are. So essentially anyone early 20's and lower will have a harder time quitting and saying no to companies.
b) Intelligence plays a big part in this. The higher IQ person is more likely to differentiate right from wrong in the business world and outside.

2)Used games offer price competition. Anyone notice game companies don't compete price wise. It's cohesion but legal because corporates can do what they want. Used games are essentially price competition and logically new games should have lowered their price to compete.
The last time their was a price competition in the game industry EA bought the NFL license and ended it.Remember NFL2k series was 20 bucks and Madden started dropping its price to 40 and eventually 30 dollars.

3) When you buy a game should you not have a right to resell it? Like a used car. Like a house. Like a ( fill in the blank)

4) Essentially you cannot trade/lend/borrow games from your friends and family.

5) Game companies are not losing money. Essentially the person who buys the game originally already paid for the online service. He sells the game and simply extends the games life. It is not adding any extra strain on the game companies part.

6) Sports games need to stop the roster updates. Clearly Madden buyers are addicted. The game has made very little improvements and is still behind NFL2k5. That's six years ago.

WHAT TO DO? SAY NO STOP PURCHASING AND THEY WILL STOP THIS AND THE DLC BULL CRAP!!

This is BIG many of us are prolly grown and it wont really matter but growing up as a kid, trading my sega games with my friends from school was almost like trading baseball cards...I enjoyed borrowing games from them as well..Not to mention the sleep overs, after school and hanging out on the weekend, playing games that I or they have brought over...

Now if I was 10 years old now, and stayed over a friend's or family member's house, you mean to tell me not only do I have to bring over UFC but I also have to bring my 360 too??? while dude already own one just to take turns(over even play together;LEFT 4 DEAD for ex) trashing people online all night???

even if they tied the codes into the user profiles it still will be a hassle...

Last edited by Jukeman; 05-20-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 32
So begins the trend.....
Old 05-20-2010, 09:53 AM   #29
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I can see Sony or Nintendo allowing it but MS shouldn't.
Why do you see Sony and N allowing this, but not MS? I hope this is not another pot shot at Sony or that we already pay for XBL as excuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acedeck
I'm sure Sony and MS don't mind because they claim they are "offering bonus content" with the promotional code. We all know they aren't offering anything different than they would've done before.

*waves* Bye Gamestop. It was nice while it lasted.
Unless Gamestop lowers their used prices on brand new games from the $54.99 that they charge, I think they will be hurt by this a bit for those that like to play online.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:24 AM   #30
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
People better complain about this too. There was a 500 post thread hating on EA for doing this exact thing.

I'm waiting....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
This right here. If there isn't outrage against this then there goes the credibility of a lot of people in that thread.
Well you guys cant stop right now. The fact this thread was posted late last night and by 10 am already has 30 posts of people complaining should tell the outrage is all the same. The huge difference, Madden usually has close to 100 viewing at a time while this forum has maybe 5, unless an event is going on that people are commenting about. (Or when the game is about to be released)

There is no chance the thread will be as long as the madden forum one. Most guys here wont get into the pointless back and forth name calling that clutters alot of madden threads.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 3
I understand that companies need money to function but i think is taking to far and if it needs not stopped in any way or form, its only going to get worse....if this so called extra charge happen to be a successful thing, ALL companies will do it and continue to try to raise the price in the future...look at this scenerio.....kid goes to gamstop to buy game for 59.99, developers(which is happen alot) didnt finished game or left content out and the kid hates the game and return it to gamestop for $35..gamepstop then turns around and charge a excessive amount of $54.99 to next kid....this next kid had a hard time for moms to buy and she would not dare buy a new game..kid get home and wants to play online and now have to DARE ask his moms to put and extra $5 dollars...she says hell no and dont wanna give him more money for some damn game and now this kid brought a game and now cant go online...Thats F'ed up!!!!!!.....these game companies need to get at gamestop but big brother wont bother big brother...lets just hit the customer up, he/she is the real fool!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 11:24 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
It's not about used games offering price competition. It's about the fact that the game publishers make $0.00 on used games.

Surely I'm not the only person who thinks it's not out-of-line for companies to want to get paid for copies of their games that get sold. Businesses exist to make money, and the cost of making A-AAA titles is rising more and more.

The alternative to DLC/online codes/whatever would be for the big companies to demand that chains like Gamestop stop dealing in used games, or start demanding a cut of the sales. The former would be a huge disaster for Gamestop, and the latter would be a huge disaster for anyone who wants to buy used games since the price of them would rise to make up for the loss of profit by the stores.

The answer is simple: if you want the features included only in new copies, but don't want to pay full release price, wait until the price drops.
SO I buy a game for $60 and sell it to a friend, so I am in the wrong? Makes no sense. Your logic is flawed.

Not sure how old you are, business exist to make money. You understand that they should make better products right...? It's like blaming the consumer for not wanting the recycled crap with roster updates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »